1. 1. Which of these would you go for?

• Silver
    • Black
    • Grey
    • White
    • Blue
    • Red
    • Other

When I worked in a Ford dealers parts department we used to sell loads of the Squeeze touch up paints.

So if they make them for Squeeze surely they should make them for Hot Magenta? <_<

My experience was in 2009, maybe they do Hot Magenta now, I don't know. Is Hot Magenta a different type of finish to Squeeze ?

I think they're both Pearlescent Paints - correct me if I'm wrong

At £700 they should be!

I think they're both Pearlescent Paints - correct me if I'm wrong

At £700 they should be!

They should be gold leaf at that price ! With hindsight, I feel it was a mistake in my case to have Hot Magenta but there you go, I was mesmerised by the colour!

Both me and my wife both really loved Hot Magenta, enough to buy one (my username is a clue!) and pay the extra £400 I think it was then (now £600 ?) but it seemed extremely easy to scratch no matter how careful you were and I ended up with minor scuffs all over the place. I was also dissapointed that even after paying so much extra Ford didn't do a touch up kit and any minor chips would have to be done by a body repairer. I still like the colour but when I changed the car for an auto, we went for Marello, a dark maroon colour and it is much more durable.

I know exactly what you mean. I really wanted Hot Magenta but in the end my relative at Ford pointed out some down sides and I thought if I need a minor paint job at least I know for sure my trusty local garage will have black metallic paint but they may not have the exact colour to match Magenta, so it would have to be Ford that fixes it.

I also understand why Ford chose Hot Magenta in it's main marketing literature and adverts. It is still really popular around here.

• 1 month later...

Is Hot Magenta a different type of finish to Squeeze ?

yes, hot magenta is a nice colour.

I have Metallic Micastone, so voted Grey

• 2 weeks later...

Panther Black looks the nuts but can be a pig to keep clean, when it's been clay barred and polished it looks outstanding tho (i've got a black titanium by the way ;-p)

Panther Black looks the nuts but can be a pig to keep clean, when it's been clay barred and polished it looks outstanding tho (i've got a black titanium by the way ;-p)

Excellent choice ;) I've just washed mine for the first time in 3-4 weeks. It looks amazing again now, I just want to stand and look at it.

Mines is frozen white :D

Mines is frozen white :D

Damn! Another one :o Good choice :D

Damn! Another one :o Good choice :D

Haha yeah another one mate, new to the forum here at FOC, not a expert with cars but technically minded so hoping to pick up some knowledge of here and away to start with some modding so ill get some pics up when i can :)

• 1 month later...

gotta be honest, I hate white cars with chrome trim, it just doesn't work but black and chrome is a good mix, thats why I got a black titanium =]

I note that in the latest Ford colour line-up, Morello (like mine) has been dropped and a strange muddy brown added. "Fashionella" or something it is called. Odd how car manufacturers keep changing their colour choice. Apart from fashion changes, I assume the reason is that they weren't selling too many Morello cars. I wonder how many muddy brown cars they will sell ? When I bought my Hot Magenta Fiesta (08 MY) there were 15 colour choices. That dropped to 10 in the 2010 MY brochure. It must cost a fair bit to keep altering the paintshop process.

I have the hot magneta and love it

Special color indeed...

Lmao to be honest its because of the body kit it looks better. seen a few without and they just don't look right

Lmao to be honest its because of the body kit it looks better. seen a few without and they just don't look right

You are right, the sport kit is a real plus for this color...and even for others.

I note that in the latest Ford colour line-up, Morello (like mine) has been dropped and a strange muddy brown added. "Fashionella" or something it is called. Odd how car manufacturers keep changing their colour choice. I assume the reason is that they weren't selling too many Morello cars. I wonder how many muddy brown cars they will sell ? When I bought my Hot Magenta Fiesta (08 MY) there were 15 colour choices. That dropped to 10 in the 2010 MY brochure.

I have the hot magneta and love it

Yes, hot magenta is a great colour and I would have liked the same colour in this automatic but I traded it in at 9000 miles for a near-new Fiesta (this one had had done 296 miles) and couldn't find a used magenta auto. Morello was the nearest I could find.

The finish was great on my hot magenta car but seemed very soft and easily marked. This one is more durable.

I note that in the latest Ford colour line-up, Morello (like mine) has been dropped and a strange muddy brown added. "Fashionella" or something it is called. Odd how car manufacturers keep changing their colour choice. I assume the reason is that they weren't selling too many Morello cars. I wonder how many muddy brown cars they will sell ? When I bought my Hot Magenta Fiesta (08 MY) there were 15 colour choices. That dropped to 10 in the 2010 MY brochure.

• 1 month later...

Dark cars/vans always look better with chrome as opposed to light colors and chrome.

Personally for the fiesta, white is best B)

• Like 1

I've got a Style+ in Ocean Blue (dark blue), however i really wanted Tango red... :/

After owning my Pather Black Fez for 6 months I'd definitely go for another colour next time, Squeeze is probably my favourite followed by Colorado Red. I loved the look of Hot Magenta in the brochure but when I saw it in real life it just didn't seem to pop, just looked like plain old maroon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, white, moondust silver and the morello cherry color are popular here mostly.