Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nifty Little Feature

Hinkko360

Hi All,

Found out a cool little feature on my Fiesta ST2 yesterday not sure which Fiesta models this works on or if you need to have the Connivence Pack fitted or not but if you go up to the car and press the unlock button twice and hold for few seconds the windows will go down and when you lock if you press and hold the windows will then shut.

Not sure if this is something you guys already knew but will find this useful now with the Summers hear to cool the car before i get to it

• Like 2

Convenience pack is just keyless and powerfold mirrors isn't it?

It says this in the manual that it's standard but i've never got it to work

Convenience pack is just keyless and powerfold mirrors isn't it?

It says this in the manual that it's standard but i've never got it to work

yeah its keyless entry and powerfolding mirrors but mines got puddles lights fitted aswell not sure if thats standard or also a part of the convenience pack

I don't have those ( not so fully speccd now ) I honestly think Ford have !Removed! a lot of their specs and documents right up, even the website has stuff missing / not right.

We need other ST owners to confirm what they have now.

I don't have those ( not so fully speccd now ) I honestly think Ford have !Removed! a lot of their specs and documents right up, even the website has stuff missing / not right.

We need other ST owners to confirm what they have now.

yeah this is true i was told few days before i picked mine up that puddle lights were exclusive to the ST3 but i got them so not sure what to believe now as far as I'm aware now the ST3 has different style metal pedals and thats it obviously excluding the standard equipment which is extra on the ST2 but mines fully speccd anyway so hopefully thats the only difference but I'm not sure i like the new pedals on the ST3 i prefer the ones i got tbh

Will write to Ford tonight, will scan the book in and demand an answer, wonder how far I'll get if I say I was mis sold the car as I bought it on the premise I could do the windows down and show off to friends, as a result of fords insolence I was trolled instead.

Holy poo ! !

I have a ST-2 only with style pack and it works for me :D

No way this is so cool haha how the hell did you work this out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Will write to Ford tonight, will scan the book in and demand an answer, wonder how far I'll get if I say I was mis sold the car as I bought it on the premise I could do the windows down and show off to friends, as a result of fords insolence I was trolled instead.

yeah you should and see what they say would be interesting to find out

Holy poo ! !

I have a ST-2 only with style pack and it works for me :D

No way this is so cool haha how the hell did you work this out ?

its really cool isn't it deff good for bit of showing off, i read it online a while ago that someone found it out in American on there Focus ST and i came across the post again yesterday and was like oh yeahhhh forgot to try that out and so i tried it yesterday and it worked i was like sweeeeeet :D

I also no that if you double press the boot button it flips it up a bit so you don't have to press the button down if that makes sense, not as exciting as the windows but still I never new that till I accidentally pressed it :p

You never noticed the 3rd button that says (x2) with a picture of the boot lid? :D

Do you have the window feature working? do you have this " convenience pack?"

Got it on my ST3, also had it on my Zs 14 plate.

This is global opening and closing right? If so it should be on ST/ ZS built after March/ April this year. Mine is 14 plate and it works on mine

I have global operation on all four windows + power fold mirrors with puddle lights and it's not even a fully specced car.
Had global window function on my last BMW.
I only used this function on a proper red HOT day, just to cool off/get some air flowing before getting into the car and burning your bottom on the even hotter leather seats.

I'll have to try this on mine, will be very useful. I often open both windows before sitting in the car in this weather, so it'll save a few seconds, but mainly it's good for showing off :). Or maybe for scaring people standing next to the car lol.

• Like 1

Just dont do what I did, made myself look like a right tool. opened both windows to let car cool then locked the car to go back inside for a minute, went back out and lent into the car without unlocking it to grab something, alarm goes off, first time i've heard my st alarm and its loud!

• Like 1

Least you know it works, don't think I've ever had an alarm with IR sensors that do.

yeah its keyless entry and powerfolding mirrors but mines got puddles lights fitted aswell not sure if thats standard or also a part of the convenience pack

I'm sure mine has puddle lights too but I don't know what they are, are they part of the wing mirrors?

I'm sure mine has puddle lights too but I don't know what they are, are they part of the wing mirrors?

Yeah its a bright LED light under the mirror that shines onto the ground

Yeah, little LED that shines directly below the mirror at night. Its a good feature. Only issue is if they fail Ford have to replace the entire wing mirror as it is a whole unit :blink:

if you go up to the car and press the unlock button twice and hold for few seconds the windows will go down and when you lock if you press and hold the windows will then shut.

Just so I know how it works before I try, do you press the button twice and hold it on the 2nd press, whether unlocking or locking? Have you tried just holding the unlock button and not pressing it twice?

I'll have to see if it works the same with the button on the door handle (keyless entry).

I can do it fine in locking press once then again but hold on the second press.

To lock I double lock my car so I have to hold it on the third press but kept forgetting and they won't go up. I'll get the hang of it :)

Cool little thing though, hopefully there are a few more hidden things that I can find haha

We were only dicussing about global window closing yesterday on the ST Owners Club site , some have it and others don't ! Depends on spec and build date i think as i didn't have on my 2013 St2 .

I have it on my St3 and my Dad has it on his Titanuim X Fiesta aswell and the puddle lights are so bright and come on when you turn the engine in the dark :) i go to work at 3.15am and find them very useful at that time of the morning and look nice against the white paintwork .

A little off topic, but with the symposer I have found that if you turn off adapative sound in the sound menu the symposer actually sounds louder. Or maybe its me lol anyone found this?

A little off topic, but with the symposer I have found that if you turn off adapative sound in the sound menu the symposer actually sounds louder. Or maybe its me lol anyone found this?

Not heard of that but will try it see to see if it's louder :) my St3 is louder than my St2 was and sounds better for some reason ?

Forgot to say mine has the new style pedals which i prefer :)