Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Car Help

D13 HPD 95

ST in Ford Racing Blue or even rarer Black!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Ford OC mobile app

between those, I would go for the Golf R, they are reliable and you don't have to fork over your own money to pay for it

The RCZ looks nice, but just to close to the Audi TT, and I have a family member who bought a brand new 307 and had only problem after problem with her car, not saying the yours would be the same, but Peogeot is not a trustworthy name here in SA

Nice choice ;-)

VWs and Audis we not nearly as reliable as they used to be, my mums Audi broke down more than her Alfa did!

Your right !, Audi / VW. are very unreliable, it's interesting how hi end marquees like Audi , Range Rovers, Discovery's and the latter are in the top 3 most unreliable in the UK but command high prices and sell extremely well

• Like 2

Land Rovers reliability has improved dramatically over the last few years, my dad has had a few Audis and Land Rovers, his current Range Rover is only 3 months old but it's already been proven to be more reliable than his 2008 A4 he got rid of a few years ago!

Wait till the RR runs out of warranty then it'll break, and statistically speaking the unreliable ones are the non baller versions, if you go for the V8 Petrol or Dervs they are ok, the TDV6's and that crap are poor quality units.

Parts for them are also scarily expensive.

VAG groups are reliable to an extent, auto boxes are crap and made of cheese, the Halex units for the 4wd versions just need to be used frequently which I am sorry to say no one here in the UK other than the Highlanders will be using 4WD on a regular basis, so they just seize up.

JLR will also be going up the list due to the XF which IIRC don't have JLR engines and infact Ford engines in the basic applications, such as the 2.0 V6 isn't a jag engine is it?

The SDV6 is an awesome engine, it's so quiet! JLR are developing their own engines and will be put into production in the next year or two.

Not sure where the SDV6 comes from, but I think the 2.2 Diesel in the Freelander and the Evoque is a PSA unit? That's a good engine too and quite reliable. I believe the Freelander is the most reliable car in the Land Rover fleet.

Freelander is one of the most unreliable pieces of !Removed! on this earth, Gearbox, Diff and transfer box all made of paper on them, the clutches on them are very very weak too.

Those stats can only be backed up by the fact it's the most common car they make, as a % of vehicles made it would be at the bottom.

No it isn't, I'm talking about the Freelander 2, not the original Freelander.

My father in law had a Freelander 2 gorgeous but totally unreliable!! and so was the Discovery after that ! He had both for 2 years and swore never again

I had an 2005 A8 3.0 tdi a while back. Immense in every way. Auto box was so silky smooth. Not one problem and so well made.

I would not say that vag auto box's are crap, just the early multitronic versions found mostly in the 2.7 units.

Early Mercedes C/E class auto boxes suffered horrific failures from the Valeo oil coolers pre 2005.

My Work Skoda has just over 50k and is on its second engine and has had numerous DSG issues, and it's not fit for purpose.

Drove a A8 4.0 TDI auto last week, felt like Manhattan Island on wheels at first but god it cud move beautiful soft and silent very very impressed wud definitely have one :-P

cheers for all the help guys :) I've had a little go in a new gtd 2lt golf tonight and its amazing the xenon lights are spot on!!! but the interior is like blaaaaa i could design better with just cardboard so I'm going to drive an rcz soon and zoo what its like :)

looking forward to seeing your thoughts!

Have u tried the Fiesta ST ??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club