Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo 2!

poohbear

Today my car has returned to the Ford garage for the 3rd time since I have had it for the same radio problem.

Last time as most of you know the mechanic didn't even believe there was a problem and accused me of a) not being able to work the stereo and B) not being able to make the bluetooth work.

I have now videod the problem once with the bluetooth on and once with the bluetooth off so they might actually take notice.

The problem is it's an intermittent fault, I can see there side, it is very difficult for them to fix because it never does it when we're there. However, I have bought a brand new car, don't expect it to go wrong and not be fixed and also videod it as the mechanic suggested I did.

Went down this morning, only to be told if the fault didn't occur when the car was in the garage then they wouldn't be repairing it as it wasn't "under terms of their warranty" I said I had videod it so they could clearly see there was a fault (need to upload on here so you can all see as well) and she said they actually physically had to view it?! So I may never get it repaired!

In my eyes, I have been to the garage 3 times since owning the car, I want the stereo replacing or at least looked at.

I'm even more cross the first time I took it another mechanic said that the stereo unit hadn't been configured properly and that a 2 hour process reconfiguring it all would work and the problem would never happen again - surprise surprise it has done!

I'm so cross about the whole thing and know when I go back at 4pm the problem won't have been sorted and I feel like giving up - but why should I? Please someone tell me they actually understand my point on this as all my OH says is "Oh well they are within their rights to do that" Yes - but I videod it as requested so surely they have to do something?

Sorry to moan!

Poohbear x

You have every right to moan! Like most of us we all have new cars and we shouldnt have to worry about them not being perfect!!

Would love to see the video. Ill PM you my email address :)

I'm trying to put it up on here - not that computer minded though I'm afraid! Will work on it.

I'm trying to put it up on here - not that computer minded though I'm afraid! Will work on it.

:lol: sure ull be fine :)

Wow...can you believe...all sorted!!!

They have replaced my Zetec badge where the C was falling off!

They have replaced a clip where my front mud flap was falling off!

They have ordered a replacement stereo because there is a fault on mine. Replacement coming some time next week so car will have to go back in. I am SO pleased they finally listened to the fact their is a problem and admitted it :)

A very pleased poohbear :)

They have ordered a replacement stereo because there is a fault on mine. Replacement coming some time next week so car will have to go back in. I am SO pleased they finally listened to the fact their is a problem and admitted it :)

Excellent news poohbear :)

At last :) congrats

cool thts good news mine got an instriment cluster update and its not done it so far hopefully its fixed

I am absolutely fuming tonight about this!

I have taken my car to Ford for the 4th time this morning to have the stereo replacement fitted as promised. When they rang me up to say the part had come to book it in, I asked how long it would take they said 45 minutes, not a problem.

I took it in this morning at 8.30am as requested and they said could they keep it till 12pm and that it would definately be done before that they would give me a call when it was done.

At 12pm, having had no phone call from them I went to the garage only to be told my the Receptionist it was still being worked on and would not be ready. I had no choice to tell them I needed the car as Friday morning is my only time off, I work 8-6pm and start work at 1pm on a Friday, they close at 6pm and I couldn't get back to pick the car up on time.

My Dad was with me (after the incident before I won't go on my own and he had to take me to get the car) he said he wanted to speak to the service Manager who told us they hadn't been able to do it as they couldn't get my steering wheel off!!!!!! they also hadn't taken it into the workshop until 11.30am! They did not phone to say there was a problem or anything!

I cannot believe ford mechanics don't know how to remove a steering wheel. In the meantime they got my car (job not done) and some mechanic rolls it down the hill and nearly reverses into a metal post, I had to bang on the back windscreen to get him to stop!

They have re-booked it in for Monday, I am going at 7.30am they are giving me a courtesy car which I can take back on Tuesday am and get my car back. However, I don't know whether I trust them having my car overnight, i might put my Mum on my insurance and she has said she will collect it for me. I just think it is so awful I cannot trust my dealer at all, not one time I have taken my car to them have they fixed the problem. The service manager at least apolgised and said he thought the service was not good enough either.

Would you make an official complaint to Ford after all the trouble I have had about this? And do you think I should get someone to collect it for me? I am just so worried something will go wrong.

Poohbear

I am absolutely fuming tonight about this!

I have taken my car to Ford for the 4th time this morning to have the stereo replacement fitted as promised. When they rang me up to say the part had come to book it in, I asked how long it would take they said 45 minutes, not a problem.

I took it in this morning at 8.30am as requested and they said could they keep it till 12pm and that it would definately be done before that they would give me a call when it was done.

At 12pm, having had no phone call from them I went to the garage only to be told my the Receptionist it was still being worked on and would not be ready. I had no choice to tell them I needed the car as Friday morning is my only time off, I work 8-6pm and start work at 1pm on a Friday, they close at 6pm and I couldn't get back to pick the car up on time.

My Dad was with me (after the incident before I won't go on my own and he had to take me to get the car) he said he wanted to speak to the Service Manager who told us they hadn't been able to do it as they couldn't get my steering wheel off!!!!!! they also hadn't taken it into the workshop until 11.30am! They did not phone to say there was a problem or anything!

I cannot believe ford mechanics don't know how to remove a steering wheel. In the meantime they got my car (job not done) and some mechanic rolls it down the hill and nearly reverses into a metal post, I had to bang on the back windscreen to get him to stop!

They have re-booked it in for Monday, I am going at 7.30am they are giving me a courtesy car which I can take back on Tuesday am and get my car back. However, I don't know whether I trust them having my car overnight, i might put my Mum on my insurance and she has said she will collect it for me. I just think it is so awful I cannot trust my dealer at all, not one time I have taken my car to them have they fixed the problem. The service manager at least apolgised and said he thought the service was not good enough either.

Would you make an official complaint to Ford after all the trouble I have had about this? And do you think I should get someone to collect it for me? I am just so worried something will go wrong.

Poohbear

Hang about... Didn't TitaniumSteve (i think it was him) remove and replace his stereo so he could do the wiring for his subwoofer, he definitely didnt remove the steering wheel, infact, from his guide that he did for the forums it looked like a very easy job, taking a very short amount of time!

I really dont like the sound of your dealership poohbear, somethings not right. Did you ask why exactly it was that they needed to remove the steering wheel?

Here we go, just done a search for it...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...pic=4636&hl

At the time it didnt occur to me, but when I said to Matt he said why are they removing the steering wheel?

I am really worried about this. I dont even want my car to go back to them because I dont trust them to fix the problem. I'm not leaving it overnight.

They said to me the wiring is behind the steering wheel for the stereo. See this is my problem - I have no clue about cars so they could be telling me anything (and clearly are)

I dont know what to do.

At the time it didnt occur to me, but when I said to Matt he said why are they removing the steering wheel?

I am really worried about this. I dont even want my car to go back to them because I dont trust them to fix the problem. I'm not leaving it overnight.

They said to me the wiring is behind the steering wheel for the stereo. See this is my problem - I have no clue about cars so they could be telling me anything (and clearly are)

I dont know what to do.

Can only really think of two things, either take to a different dealership group, or take the replacement stereo and fit it yourself using TitaniumSteve's guide...

The whole situation is messed up isn't it poohbear....

I have written a complaint I am sending to Ford head office.I have included all the details of everything which has happened to my car and said I am not happy with the service I have received.

I am yet to decide whether to take my car in but it's not staying overnight. I would void the warranty (not thats its any good!) if I fitted the stereo myself anyway wouldnt i?

I have written a complaint I am sending to Ford head office.I have included all the details of everything which has happened to my car and said I am not happy with the service I have received.

I am yet to decide whether to take my car in but it's not staying overnight. I would void the warranty (not thats its any good!) if I fitted the stereo myself anyway wouldnt i?

As far as I am aware, no. Just as long as you fit official Ford parts the warranty stays intact. For instance, you can get your car serviced anywhere you like, and as long as all the parts used are official Ford ones, you stay within the warranty.

You may find that they will tell you that it will void the warranty because they will lose the money they get from Ford for replacing the stereo... Check your paperwork and look through the warranty documents to get the the genuine answer, if all is good then you will (should) have no problems. If it turns out you can fit it yourself without voiding the warranty, take the paperwork to the dealership and request the replacement radio, as they should't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.

That is what I would do in your case, as it looks like a simple job (going by the forum guide)

Once this has cleared up I would recommend that you drive to a different dealer group (not just a different dealership in the same group) and introduce youself. In future use them as you may get a better service.....

I wouldn't advocate doing it yourself; you have only to make a mistake and they've got you bang to rights.

My advice is to force them to replace the stereo themselves; the car is covered by a 12 month unconditional guarantee on everything so the onus lies fully and squarely on the dealer.

Don't let them bull**** you, no matter what they say, it is their responsibility-the car is advertised in their brochure with this stereo-if you get no joy with this dealer go to their parent company if they have one---if not get advice from the trading standards or citizens advice etc.

Despite what you might think now, you are entitled to get what you have paid for so, whatever you do Pooh, don't back down or give in to what they say.

I'm not going to hedgepig. Let's face it I couldn't fit a stereo to save my life! Matt could but why should he?! I paid for a car and haven't received good service. It's going in on Monday. Can't decide about the courtesy car but if they damage my car while it's in their car they'll be repairing it!

I have just lost all faith in my dealer which is such a shame.

I'm not going to hedgepig. Let's face it I couldn't fit a stereo to save my life! Matt could but why should he?! I paid for a car and haven't received good service. It's going in on Monday. Can't decide about the courtesy car but if they damage my car while it's in their car they'll be repairing it!

Are they a part of a group or an independant?

Might be an idea to take some pics of your car before it goes in Pooh.

At least that way, if there were to be any marks etc, you could prove that they'd been done by the dealer.

It doesn't matter what courtesy car you get as long as yours is right when you get it back.

You could always get Matt to go with you just to be sure though........ ;)

You're right poohbear, and it is a shame. Send that complaint to them for sure though.

get on the fone to ford customer service and they will fone the garage and c wot the crack is and they mite get a red light and get an rac man round to check the garage

They are part of the group. Allen Ford.

They have always said they are a franchise and not ford themselves - my view is they sell ford cars, they have a duty to fix my ford!

I will be sending my complaint - I've had enough to be honest

Good idea hedgepig - will do that. I've got some pictures for you of Peppa by the way!

Matt is working so can't come down with me however my Dad will. Mum has offered to pick it up in the evening as Ford said they wouldnt be able to fit it in the workshop - maybe i'm making a fuss but i'm not having it left outside all night whens it not on my drive.

I went this morning with my car, my Dad followed me just incase there was a problem.

The plan was for me to have a courtesy car drop it back at 5.30pm and take my car. We got to Ford at 7.30am. Went in. Saw a lovely receptionist who asked me for both parts of my driving license. No one had at any point told me I would need both parts...I said "No one told me I needed both parts" (I should have prob thought) anyway, another receptionist starts mouthing off from the other side of the room "Just give it to them just give it them" Anyway, the nice receptionist looks a bit taken aback, as do we I cannot believe she was so rude, she was serving a customer before she starting shouting at us! Nice lady says "How old are you" I say...19. She then says they can't give anyone a courtesy car under 21. Again, no one had told me this. (This is also absolute rubbish as I borrowed one when my car was in the wrong country before delivery). Imagine if I had not got my Dad to follow me, I would then have been late for work. On friday pm I said to the service manager, "I take it when I turn up on Monday I will definately be getting a courtesy car and there wont be any problem with it" "No no no of course not" he said. The receptionist then started shouting that she had told everyone about bringing both parts of their licence which she hadn't...nor had the service manager. I could not believe how rude she was and personally think it is TOTALLY unprofessional to shout at customers from the other side of the room.

Went back at 5.45pm and I have complained yet again to the service manager, they have done my car (service manager had to do it as they couldn't get my steering wheel off again for some reason - why they were taking it off is beyond me but apparently it's wiring) They have washed and vaccumed my car (very badly - but not the point its the thought) and I have a free service for my 12,000 miles. The lady who was rude also has to ring up and apologise.

I'm still sending my complaint to Ford. I am just shocked they treat customers like this.

That sounds appauling! if you are willing to spend thousands of pounds on their products the least they could do is be greatful and not bull**** you about promises they cannot hold!

I am just shocked in all honesty! My stereo is fixed but it took them 5 attempts and how their receptionist has the cheek to shout across the room at a customer...

I dont think I have ever typed this word before in my life. But your dealer is diabolical. End of. Never go back there again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club