Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filter Change. Yay/nay

Lawis

Hi All!

I'm giving my car a service in a week or so, and I'm just wondering what the thoughts are on changing the fuel filter?

Necessary, or more hassle than it's it worth?

I've read though the Hayes manual, threads on here and YouTube, and you have to prime it with fuel....

Do you guys just go to the pump and put a bit in a bottle for the filter?! (Along with some in the car due to the 2ltr min)

Then how do you get it in the filter: something like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Plastic-Syringe-plastic-tubing/dp/B009LEEOVW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1400524282&sr=8-2&keywords=syringe

Cheers Guys!

Would that void the need to fill the filter with fuel first on the basis it would suck it through?

Definately replace the fuel filter!

Basically if you inject fuel into it with a syringe, to the point it fills to brim, then install the fuel filter. Next get the low pressure priming bulb and conncet it in line, then just keep priming it until such a time as you can draw no more air from it, then connect it up and crank the car. A couple of cranks and if you have done the job right, you should start up pretty quick!

Definately replace the fuel filter!

Basically if you inject fuel into it with a syringe, to the point it fills to brim, then install the fuel filter. Next get the low pressure priming bulb and conncet it in line, then just keep priming it until such a time as you can draw no more air from it, then connect it up and crank the car. A couple of cranks and if you have done the job right, you should start up pretty quick!

Lovely, that priming bulb you mention is the one posted above by STEADS right?

Yep, there are cheaper not branded ones, I got one for about £7, but never got to use it! I am keeping hold of it though for when I no doubt need it next time around!

Just search for Low Pressure Diesel Priming Bulb.

It is strongly recommended to change a diesel fuel filter every year.

Fords (and particularly a Focus) are very sensitive to dirty filters.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club