Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music Via Bluetooth From Iphone -No Track Info

quaffa

What is applink Ian?

AppLink is part of the SYNC system that I was genuinely surprised to find on there since only the EcoSport was listing "Ford a SYNC with AppLink" rather than "Ford SYNC with Emergency Assist". It allows voice control of other apps, not just phone calls etc. Once set up you can use the button on the steering wheel to say things like "Spotify, choose playlist" and then you'll be presented with a list of your playlists, or "Spotify, play artist *******" and so on. Looks like a steep learning curve though.

There's a few apps out there that do it, but I've only got Spotify and TuneIn Radio. Thing is, it's one of the things I asked the salesman about and he hadn't a Scooby.

Ford UK really are being slow with the update process seeing as the US have been doing just that for ages now.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Sync was only installed in the fiesta once the facelift was released in 2013. The earlier fiesta had a better form of bluetooth which worked a lot better and displayed track info etc.

Sync was only installed in the fiesta once the facelift was released in 2013. The earlier fiesta had a better form of bluetooth which worked a lot better and displayed track info etc.

That'll be progress then, not

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Well I had a reply from Ford UK about SYNC updates earlier today.

I'd said, "Is there any more update about when Ford SYNC upgrades will be available to us end-users as per the information at the bottom of this page: http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/FordSYNC".

The reply was, "In terms of the SYNC updates, we are currently working on the new pages and they should be live in the next couple of months."

Based on all the recent comments and information I'm not expecting good news however.

We can just wait and see what they post there. It's ridiculous that they give a couple of months for their website to be updated, they are an international company woth standards to maintain. Not that they are a software company, they sell cars. But providing support for their products should be important as well

Sadly major businesses are generally pretty useless about the 'details'. Some of the high street banks are paying Microsoft a special support fee for Windows XP because they never bothered to upgrade the cash machine software. :blink:

I've booked my 1.0 ecoboost tit for its first service on 5/7/14,

I asked re the bluetooth update , He asked why is there a problem. I said no I don't get track info via bluetooth and I know there's an update.

He said he knows of the issue and it's only a USB update. He said he'll put it on the job card to be done.

Just have to wait and see. Not holding my breath tho ......

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Sadly major businesses are generally pretty useless about the 'details'. Some of the high street banks are paying Microsoft a special support fee for Windows XP because they never bothered to upgrade the cash machine software. :blink:

Not related to the thread topic but I walked into the garage I usually get a coffee from the other day and the machine was down. Seems the Costa Express machines use Windows Vista, going off the boot screen. May be they SHOULD have stayed with XP!!

I'm just dumbfounded it's taking them so long to either 1) allow us to self install USB updates or 2) be up front and say they have no intention of supporting anything less than SYNC 2.0 when that launches with the Focus. At least people would know where they stand

I asked my friend if she could find system info on her cars sync system. But she could not find it, i dont think its the same system at all and seems much more basic.

http://www.pocketberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dsc00015.jpg

I have heard from my ford dealer again and they say that they have talked to ford global and my car will be the first car they do this update on at this dealer anyhow.

Scheduled for 01.07.

Again fingers crossed.

Oh by the way I got a reply from Ford on updates. They will never be providing updates for UK cars online or anything. Apparently the US models are completely different. Which is a lie as just got back from the US and we had a Ford Escape ( Kuga ) and the stereo is exactly the same as the Focus and Kuga unit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Which is weird since if I select an update option in my menu it looks for an update on USB and inevitably reports "no update found"

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 13 plate (blue led display) and can see track info via bluetooth, I also have the "sync applications"section no idea what it does plus a option to "update" the firmware. I will snap a few pics when in car next.

I wouldn't mind updating

Images from unit, anyone she'd light on version I have outdated current? Cheers post-55808-14051005013_thumb.jpgpost-55808-1405100511_thumb.jpgpost-55808-14051005237_thumb.jpgpost-55808-140510053321_thumb.jpgpost-55808-140510054368_thumb.jpgpost-55808-14051005526_thumb.jpgpost-55808-140510056037_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It looks different to mine which is also a 13 plate (March 13) But my display is different.

Willy... what colour is yours? I'm annoyed that the americans can o it via usb but we are deemed "dumb" and not able to do it... grr

I'll get some pictures but mine doesn't display bluetooth info :(

Sync is pap anyway.

• Like 1

I some how managed to get text reading out over sync swell. have you tried turning off phone and deleting device from bluetooth? worth a try

Texts work sometimes and have removed / paired / rest phone and car.

Looking at a new head unit to be honest but nothing compatible at the moment.

post-5052-0-06799700-1405102534_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-21764000-1405102575_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-64652000-1405102607_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-51734900-1405102636_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-55570300-1405102670_thumb.jp

post-5052-0-89524600-1405102707_thumb.jp

Just to add I'm running a Samsung S4 with android version 4.4.2.

We have the same firmware, yours is a nice display :P. I hate the voice to be honest and it can't understand me half the time as it is. haha. I'm running iOS.

erm is there an option to " push" media via bluetooth?... Im bored and have a quick google for you. ;)

just a thought how do you listen to your music? Through stock music player or via app say google music, spotify etc?

Hard drive / USB

Much easier to control. Just hate the fact the sync plays my music alphabetically instead of in track order :(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I also play back from a hard drive, I don't understand why yours play in alphabetical order though. Mine play in track order. Do you have the track number in the MP3 tag?

I've got my Fiesta going in for a stereo related issue next month - the steering wheel control only works intermitantly. I'll see if they can update me at the same time as the non track list display over bluetooth annoys me. I know it can be done, we just need the update!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club