Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Focus Any Good?

bald biker

Hi as I have said in my intro this will be my first ford in a long time and due to the wife's car getting t boned last week I`m looking for a replacement and a 1.8 zetec climate pack petrol on a 57 plate with 51000miles has come up. I know all cars including the supposedly quality makes have faults and with a budget the focus ticks the boxes as a replacement. What I don't want is a money pit so all advice good and bad would be welcome.

Thanks Dave.

I have a 2005 focus. Easily the most comfortable car I have driven and I've had a few including some company ones. Ticks all the boxes really economy, space, quality feel inside the lot. Only downside I've had is an alarm issue. Plus being so popular part pricing is cheap too

Hope this helps

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've had mine for 9 years now and have done 130k miles..... its never let me down. It just occurred to me the other week that its still on its original exhaust. I'm hoping that the clutch holds out another 30k miles.

They really are a nice surprise. Just make sure you have the later more convention bonnet catch with the pull cable on inside of vehicle rather than key behind badge which can be problematic

Had mine a year with no probs, in comparison to my previous punto which i had three months and spent more time have warranty work done than being driven its bulletproof!

But do check the mk2 common problem thread to save you some possible hassle later on

They really are a nice surprise. Just make sure you have the later more convention bonnet catch with the pull cable on inside of vehicle rather than key behind badge which can be problematic

I thought all the Focus's had the key behind the badge. My Mk 1 and both my Mk2.5's, the last one being an 11 plate did.

At 51k miles there should be few problems if any. As with all cars just make sure its got a good service history.

I thought the later mk 2 had standard bonnet release

They are great, I've got a 2008 1.6 Zetec and love it.

There really is nothing to dislike about this car (and trust me if theres a fault, I'll find it), but the best bit is how it drives. You will also struggle to find a genuine negative review online. And for good reason IMHO.

I've had my 58 plate mk2.5 1.6 titanium for 2.5 years and it hasn't been to a garage once.

They have a lovely drive ane handle really well.

As mentioned above check out the mk2/mk2.5 common faults thread.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club