Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My St3 Is A Genetically Modified St2

BigRog

Just fitted some door lock covers and noticed it says ST2 on the door edge sticker - I feel this is the time for MattDRX to gloat :)

I just checked and mine is the same, makes sense cos it's shown as an ST2 on Etis too. Kind of annoying because this means when we come to sell the cars we'll have to advertise them as an ST2, although it doesn't change the fact that both trim levels can have the same spec.

It would be interesting if all ST3s are like this. Maybe Ford are just trying to save on admin costs by making up a new trim level to sell, but not following it through in the classification of the cars. If any other ST3s are actually classed as an ST3, maybe we have a case for getting the car replaced for what we actually paid for haha. Especially when there is a problem with the car, as there is with mine.

Edit: just checked on a couple of car insurance sites, they're identifying it as an ST3, this is very confusing lol. But probably means we can advertise them as ST3s when we come to sell, right?

Etis page says ST3 for mine & log book does, interesting on the insurance side of it as I can't find on any comparison sites the option for ST3 with MP215, will have to keep checking.

Mine also says St2 on the sticker inside the door and on Etis , i brought this up before taking delivery as it was being discussed on the Fiesta St OC as well ! My salesman and dealer assured me that is it an St3 , but it only states that on my V5 Doc and invoice ?

I have heard that Ford addressed this and any that come thru now show St3 on the sticker , i think it was the first ones to arrive that said St2 .

I will add i felt i got ripped off by my insurance as i changed from an St2 to my St3 and the cost to change was £188.68 ? I thought they were confusing the Fiesta st3 thinking it was Focus St3 asking for that amount to change my insurance but they checked and said that's what we want to change over !!! Bang goes the idea of Mountuning mine now plus i got caught speeding 2 days before collecting my new car so all its been a bad experience buying mine but at least its running nice and better than my St2 was :)

Ford cutting corners! Still angry about getting the old pedals on mine :@

My insurance went up £159 from Zs to ST3 but it was only £37 more for the ST2 from the Zs, go figure.

Maybe ford can aquire new stickers that say ST3?

Pauper dude, welcome to the club. Ford knocked you well and truly. In all seriousness they were probably just a bunch of excess speccd up st2s they couldn't sell so thought here's a brilliant idea.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I am going to ask the dealer about a new sticker as it should read what we purchased which is an St3 , they have more clout with Ford than we do so we wait an see what the answer will be .

Etis page says ST3 for mine & log book does, interesting on the insurance side of it as I can't find on any comparison sites the option for ST3 with MP215, will have to keep checking.

Where abouts in the log book? I couldn't see it anywhere in mine. And I noticed the lack of ST3 215 on insurance sites too, but that probably doesn't matter too much cos when I checked, it was cheaper to just declare it as a mod, something like <10% power increase.

Mine also says St2 on the sticker inside the door and on Etis , i brought this up before taking delivery as it was being discussed on the Fiesta St OC as well ! My salesman and dealer assured me that is it an St3 , but it only states that on my V5 Doc and invoice ?

I have heard that Ford addressed this and any that come thru now show St3 on the sticker , i think it was the first ones to arrive that said St2 .

I will add i felt i got ripped off by my insurance as i changed from an St2 to my St3 and the cost to change was £188.68 ? I thought they were confusing the Fiesta st3 thinking it was Focus St3 asking for that amount to change my insurance but they checked and said that's what we want to change over !!! Bang goes the idea of Mountuning mine now plus i got caught speeding 2 days before collecting my new car so all its been a bad experience buying mine but at least its running nice and better than my St2 was :)

I think the insurance could be an issue here, I'm no expert but if a car is insured as an ST3, is written off and the insurance company sees a sticker that says ST2, won't they do whatever thy can to not pay up?

Also can you legally sell the car as an ST3 when the identification sticker says ST2?

That could be an issue with insurance but also a headache for Ford as well as everyone would be blaming them for this fiasco !

Phil it says it here on log book, as for <10% I think thats a bit low.

post-51277-140061173606_thumb.jpg

Oh I thought you meant the service book, yeah my V5C is the same, ST-3 Turbo. And the MP215 is actually a 7.5% increase - 215 PS up from 200, both on overboost, correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought it was 178 bhp up to 215 bhp which is aprox. 21%, it could be me thats wrong though?

I thought it was 178 bhp up to 215 bhp which is aprox. 21%, it could be me thats wrong though?

That's how it looks, it's a bit of a trick really and most magazines / review sites fall for it too, they all seem to think it's a 35 BHP upgrade. It's a 15 BHP upgrade, if that, which makes sense when it only costs £700 and is just a slight intake modification and a remap. From looking at insurance costs a while back it's not worth it for me, it was about £400 more which is just silly.

In the EU you cannot use temporary power outputs, it's a 35 bhp upgrade on paper but not in the real world.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

In the EU you cannot use temporary power outputs, it's a 35 bhp upgrade on paper but not in the real world.

True, which I think is why they advertise it as MP215 instead of 215 PS, because that doesn't break any rules. It's misleading though.

so what your saying is declare it as >25%

On confused.com you can select "Engine chip 00-10%" and also filters, maybe each insurer looks at mods differently though.

Sorry but I dont know the ST model range that well, but is the difference between the ST2 and ST3 not just a spec increase? I had a chat on our local SA forum and we only get the ST2 over here, but they were saying that we have a few specs on our ST2's that the UK guys only have on the ST3's baisically the only differences we could find between your ST3's and our ST2's were the SAT NAV, Leather seats, which by the way alot of guys want and the light up sills, correct me if i'm wrong but sins this car is sold globally wouldn't that be the reason why your ST3 body frames say ST2?

Yes it is just a spec increase, but the ST2 can be specced up to the same level as the ST3 I think.

There are still 2 things that bother me about this, would be good to get some opinions:

1) My car is identified as an ST2 on the door label and Etis, but all the documentation says ST3. Does this mean legally it's an ST2, and if so does that mean I couldn't legally sell it as an ST3? (therefore losing money down the line)

2) If I was involved in an accident and had to get insurance involved, would they be bothered about the fact that it's insured as an ST3, but the label says ST2? Would they try to say my insurance is invalid and not pay up?

Insurance won't be an issue at all as that's how it left the factory, Ford will confirm that ( otherwise get royally screwed over ) Selling it on....... well you'll always get some know it all Hero turn up and he may look at that and do some man maths and winge about it, but all he will have to do is take to the internet to find out.

You can't change the log book either on model I think, you'll be the only owner and there will be no revisions to the log book so it is exactly what you'll be listing it as.

Yes it is just a spec increase, but the ST2 can be specced up to the same level as the ST3 I think.

There are still 2 things that bother me about this, would be good to get some opinions:

1) My car is identified as an ST2 on the door label and Etis, but all the documentation says ST3. Does this mean legally it's an ST2, and if so does that mean I couldn't legally sell it as an ST3? (therefore losing money down the line)

2) If I was involved in an accident and had to get insurance involved, would they be bothered about the fact that it's insured as an ST3, but the label says ST2? Would they try to say my insurance is invalid and not pay up?

It is more important that the V5C is correct. That is the legal document for the car, so selling it as an ST3 and claiming on any insurance, you have the V5C to back it up.

Thanks, that's reassuring to hear, I might just call the dealer and see what they have to say. Do you think they would ever change the door label for something like this?

I reckon at most they would put a small ST3 sticker on top of the ST2 one.

They may be able to get it all reprinted. I would feel better having the correct model listed on the door if it was me, but it depends how amenable your dealer is.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club