Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Airbag

amyjaj

Are you able to turn the passenger airbag of yourself with a key in the MK7 Festia?

Hi there jaj. In the Fiesta brochure it says

Airbag - Front passenger's airbag de-activation switch (dealer-fitted accessory only)

So you need to get it added in by your dealer after you get it, shouldnt cost more than about £500 - £900. could be more though, who knows?

They also dont seem to recommend having it fitted either....

Are you able to turn the passenger airbag of yourself with a key in the MK7 Festia?

I had one fitted - cost £120. Couldn't get it done until after delivery as they had to order the parts. You get the switch (turned with a key) in the glove compartment, and a warning light replacing the card slot below the radio.

Child seat

Among plenty of other reasons this is the top one...

ooh ok. Sorry I'm too young to have made contact with this 'Child Seat' of which you speak. lol.

What are the other reasons out of interest?

ooh ok. Sorry I'm too young to have made contact with this 'Child Seat' of which you speak. lol.

Hey im the youngest here and ive def not had contact with this 'Child Seat' object! Just heard bigger people talking about them :D

Well for starters I carry an empty wheelchair instead of a front passenger seat. So I dont really need an airbag deployment wasted on that.

Child seat

Absolutely not! The safest place for children is properly restrained on the rear seat!

If you open the glove box and look to the right side, you can see the cut out for where the switch goes to disable the airbag. It's like a perforation in the plastic, sorta round in shape.

I'm not sure why they didn't just do what most all other modern cars do and make it so you press a button for a few seconds to disable it (a few lines of code in the software is all that's needed for that normally), but I suspect they maybe saved .5p on every car by removing the switch and associated wiring / warning light altogether?

£120 is STEEP for something so basic which is already standard on most cars, I'd have thought.

Chris...

Absolutely not! The safest place for children is properly restrained on the rear seat!

Or left at home in the cupboard under the stairs until they reach adulthood! :lol:

I agree for those in a forward facing seat, but with newborn babys travelling a rear facing seat it can be more convinent for the child to be placed on front seat with airbag deactivated - its easier to be able to get the dummy in when they are screaming :lol::lol:

Or left at home in the cupboard under the stairs until they reach adulthood! :lol:

haha Yeah!! :lol:

• 8 months later...

I got a quote for the switch to be fitted in Malta and they told it'll cost me €150! I think that's very expensive, considering that most cars are having it fitted as standard! I think Ford has let me down here! :(

mines turned off permanently and it cost me nothing it all :lol:

stupid ford wiring :lol: