Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Build

Wheels93

Aye, the Tayto down south sell in the north as Hunky Dorys but not sure if the north sell to the south.

The NI company own Golden Wonder (old popular uk crisp brand) and also do own brand crisps for Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons etc.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well it seems to have been a while since I did any proper update. Although thinking about it. Doesn't really seem like I have done much to be fair.

So lets start from the beginning. Over the last month I have been toying with the car a little bit just getting it back to how it should be. First job was to get the radio facia sorted. Some of you maybe aware I have been having some real trouble getting the screen of my radio to sit on properly and connect first time. So I decided to take it all out and start again. Not only did I want to get this sorted prompto but I wanted to get the top of the surround on properly as I've been suffering with a lip over the hazard button. To cut a long story short, cable managed at the back of the headunit and give a good old push in. Safe to say, all seems good and the lip over the hazard button has gone. No pictures unfortunately, as it would be same old. Only problem I had was that when I did my radio and Speakers, I borrowed a Pioneer Auto EQ Mic. to collaborate the Speakers. Removing the radio removed this collaboration. So I went and bought one for myself, took the car out to the lanes ;) and got them all set again. Probably sounds better than before.

Then came my birthday. The car more presents than me but then again what's is new there. So first purchased myself some RallyFlapz from Performance Creations. Hopefully fit these weather permitting this weekend as they've been under my bed for a few weeks now. Picture below:

2016-01-19%2020.55.07_zpsb8rkbjk7.jpg

Although to get to this point where I am ready to fit has been a right old saga. When I got the Eibach Springs fitted I didn't get any time to put the wheels back on as I had to rush off, so I left the old man to complete the job. When I came home to see the car in all its glory, the old man says 'You may need a new locking wheel nut adapter'. I never thought anything of it and continued as normal. Well other week I tried to take the wheels off to get the mudflaps on but couldn't get any of the wheels off. Strange you may think but I know my old man ;) so I ring him 'How did you put these wheels on?' he goes 'Pressure Gun'..... PERFECT!!! NOT!!! So I find myself a breaker bar getting the first four nuts off and come to the locking one. Who can guess what happens?! SHREDDED! So that isn't happening. Needless to say after a 10day wait from ford I have a new adapter and a new set of four locking nuts with yet another new adapter as it's a different pattern. WHAT A PALAVA!

Although in other news, the money is still sitting in my bank waiting for the better weather and the Triple R and I got one of these bad boys. For the record this is never going to be fitted and was purchased for me as a joke from work. Major RICE points if you know what it is!

2016-01-19%2020.57.13_zps6wz2r4gd.jpg

And finally over my b'day I managed to give the car a good old clean, clay and carnauba wax. Results were incredible but it's a state again now.

2016-01-24%2012.45.25_zpseodc04xi.jpg

I could go on for ever more but I don't want to bore you :)
  • Like 3

Exhaust "fake turbo whistle" adapter?

Would you like to try a sample of my Carnuaba & Montan wax?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Ding ding ding!!! You have it in one!! RICE RICE BABY!!! MMM TASTE CREAMY!!

Sure would pal. If I send you my address is that ok? I'll provide pics and what not. Sure that's ok?

• Like 1

Well I've never even heard of them lol...  Turbo whistle isn't even that nice! :laugh:

Turbo flutter on the other hand.. gimme gimme gimme. I don't care if the turbo's gonna die.. I want the sound hahahaha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Ding ding ding!!! You have it in one!! RICE RICE BABY!!! MMM TASTE CREAMY!!

Sure would pal. If I send you my address is that ok? I'll provide pics and what not. Sure that's ok?

I once stripped one and plonked it on the two stroke whilst gutting its exhaust.. well, certainly kept me entertained & Yeah if you send me your address ill get you a sample out to review!

Aha you can have another if you want ;)

Cheers pal. Sending the PM now and I'll get some pictures and what not sent over.

8 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Turbo flutter on the other hand.. gimme gimme gimme. I don't care if the turbo's gonna die.. I want the sound hahahaha

Lol, nothing like a bit of compressor stall to draw a crowd at a cruise! :biggrin:   

• Like 1

Honestly, I have to change my underwear after hearing that noise..

• Like 1

Well the flaps have been done. Took around 40mins when I had all the tools ready lol. The old man gave me a hand making sure they were all square and what not. Needless to say he didn't touch the wheels.

Off Side Flaps

2016-02-13%2016.25.48_zpsxvrrbjwv.jpg

Near Side Flaps

2016-02-13%2016.26.23_zpseqfbwhvh.jpg

Rear Facing Flaps

2016-02-13%2016.26.54_zpsvhqhn3xg.jpg
  • Like 4

Looking good, can I ask where did you get the flaps from and how are they fixed to the car did you have to make any of your own holes.

http://www.performancecreations.co.uk/ford-focus-st-mk2-st225-3mm-pvc-black-308-p.asp

These are the ones I bought. I made two holes on the front and three holes on the back.. Could have gotten away with one on the front and two on the back but I wanted a good fit :)

• Like 1

Mine are here , just need to find time to fit them

Yunii

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This isn't really much of an update but I thought I would put something down on paper. Managed to give the car a good going over a week or so again for a meet I had with another club. Had enough time to treat the car to the best hand job in town wahey :) two bucket method and grit guard wash, paint cleaner, polish and wax to make sure all of the winter rubbish was off the cars surface. The results weren't bad and I could start to feel the show season with each buff.

I am currently humming and arring about having the front bumper, side skirts and doors resprayed for show season but I see what funds permit me. Half of this due to wanting to finally get the Triple R Front Splitter on and Rear Roof Spoiler Splitter.

So that is about it for now but I'll leave you with some piccies ;)

Front%20Clean_zpstwieh9b0.jpg

Rear%20Clean_zpsyqqx8s7w.jpg

Side%20Clean_zpsk43c5a2z.jpg

Top%20Clean_zps0lyqqtpm.jpg

Almost forgot to mention, finally fitted some CREE LEDs in the rear reverse lights, bagged myself an ELM327 cable ;) a 12v cap and a leather armrest.

So the car has had a little treat :)

• Like 2

looking lovely and clean and have always liked that ford colour and the colour you have your wheels brings it all togeather nicely.

if it was me I would leave the respray as it will only get chipped again and cant wait to see the front and rear spoiler splitters on

• Like 2

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Wheels93 said:

This isn't really much of an update but I thought I would put something down on paper. Managed to give the car a good going over a week or so again for a meet I had with another club. Had enough time to treat the car to the best hand job in town wahey :) two bucket method and grit guard wash, paint cleaner, polish and wax to make sure all of the winter rubbish was off the cars surface. The results weren't bad and I could start to feel the show season with each buff.

I am currently humming and arring about having the front bumper, side skirts and doors resprayed for show season but I see what funds permit me. Half of this due to wanting to finally get the Triple R Front Splitter on and Rear Roof Spoiler Splitter.

So that is about it for now but I'll leave you with some piccies ;)

Front%20Clean_zpstwieh9b0.jpg

Rear%20Clean_zpsyqqx8s7w.jpg

Side%20Clean_zpsk43c5a2z.jpg

Top%20Clean_zps0lyqqtpm.jpg

Almost forgot to mention, finally fitted some CREE LEDs in the rear reverse lights, bagged myself an ELM327 cable ;) a 12v cap and a leather armrest.

So the car has had a little treat :)

😮Did you just say 12V Cap 

are you fitting an amplifier 😯

15 hours ago, Lenny said:

😮Did you just say 12V Cap 

are you fitting an amplifier 😯

Unfortunately the cap isnt that interesting lol it's a smarter looking cap for the 12v plug.

I am however in the market for a sub and amp. I have been looking at the JL W7 drivers and JL amps. So see what money permits.

Today I ordered the front triple r splitter and rear roof spoiler splitter. Hopefully get them on in time for Fiesta in The Park (8th May).

Whether I will be able to get my grubby mits on some recaros before Ford Fair is another thing. But still progress will be made somewhere.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wheels93 said:

Unfortunately the cap isnt that interesting lol it's a smarter looking cap for the 12v plug.

I am however in the market for a sub and amp. I have been looking at the JL W7 drivers and JL amps. So see what money permits.

Today I ordered the front triple r splitter and rear roof spoiler splitter. Hopefully get them on in time for Fiesta in The Park (8th May).

Whether I will be able to get my grubby mits on some recaros before Ford Fair is another thing. But still progress will be made somewhere.

Sweet,

I look forward to seeing the rear spoiler add on.

didn't know was available 👍

• 4 weeks later...
Finally got the Triple R Composites fitted. Managed to give the car a coat of paint cleaner, polish and wax. Results weren't bad and it was beading nicely when I woke up this morning. Most people want pictures so here we go :)

IMG_20160423_182658.jpg_zpscs5nadxq.jpeg

IMG_20160423_182458_zpsxkueshjz.jpg

IMG_20160423_182404_zpscqt8may6.jpg

IMG_20160423_182349_zpsnmxtvhwf.jpg

C&C welcome :)

looking good fella and love the triple r splitter.

can I ask what colour your wheels are please as they go great with the colour of the car

Cheers Baz. The wheels are in anthracite but will a matte finish rather than gloss :) it's not that bad a colour to be fair but shows water stains up a lot.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:51 AM, Wheels93 said:

Cheers Baz. The wheels are in anthracite but will a matte finish rather than gloss :) it's not that bad a colour to be fair but shows water stains up a lot.

cheers for the reply and just woundered what colour they where as the suite the grey paint work and blue brake paint well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club