Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Build

Wheels93

This weekend just gone was Fiesta in The Park, so managed to get some piccies. Was a lovely day and was nice to catch up with people!

FITP1_zpshio865w1.jpg

FITP2_zpstxz7ygeh.jpg

FITP3_zps4r7m64r6.jpg

FITP4_zpsed3zzizi.jpg

FITP5_zpseyaymolm.jpg

FITP6_zpssq2smbim.jpg

FITP7_zpshmw69caq.jpg

C&C Welcome :)
  • Like 3

Looks great. I like the addition of the front splitter.

Cheers buddy.. Getting there now.. Soon won't have anything to do :'(

your cars looking good fella and realy liking the front splitter and I spy subtle head light brows I think like them to.

love the shine you have got from your paint work

• 4 weeks later...

That focus looks awesome & keeps getting better each time i look at it. Nice one james.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Wheels93 Looks amazing! My only comment/critique would be to convert the rear drums over to disc brakes... Will be miles better, I would do it myself if I was skilled enough to do so (and if I had a driveway)!

• Like 1

@Wheels93 Looks amazing! My only comment/critique would be to convert the rear drums over to disc brakes... Will be miles better, I would do it myself if I was skilled enough to do so (and if I had a driveway)!

Thank you for your comments and critique. Always good to have some comments on what people actually think of the car. I would love to change them to discs to tell you the truth. I was going to buy a complete ST set to upgrade the front brakes and also change the rears from drums. When I priced it up it was about 300/400 for the parts. Pretty sure between me and my mates we would have capability to do it but the misses is already cursing the expenditure lol!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheels93 said:

Thank you for your comments and critique. Always good to have some comments on what people actually think of the car. I would love to change them to discs to tell you the truth. I was going to buy a complete ST set to upgrade the front brakes and also change the rears from drums. When I priced it up it was about 300/400 for the parts. Pretty sure between me and my mates we would have capability to do it but the misses is already cursing the expenditure lol!

Welcome mate, I think the car looks great! But that would be my next mod if I was in your shoes, start collecting money in a jar! Each time you don't go out, or eat at home or save some, you are working towards that! And your missus can't whinge this way either! Haha.

• Like 2

Unfortunately that kind of money is in the house fund at the moment. It doesn't seem to be filling up very quickly at the moment :P maybe because the car is still a revenue sponge.. I think my next mod is to get my bonnet vents sent off, hydrodipped and fitted.

I went and got a quote from powerflow for a CAT-BACK exhaust but they quoted £700 which I thought was superbly steep. (Maybe cause I want custom tips 😉)

Although if the vents don't happen soon my next mod, hopefully (permitting the other half doesn't mind) is some Recaro seats.. getting a bonus from work hopefully so crossing those fingers!

• Like 2

loving the sound of recaro seats

• Like 1

Today, me and a few other guys attended Ford In The Park at Kingsbury Water Park. The weather was terrible but attendance wasn't bad at all! Managed to get a few pictures still. Here are a few for your perusal:

Kingsbury4_zpsn7wbgfbb.jpg

Kingsbury5_zpslxqfvj6j.jpg

Kingsbury6_zpspzecuuox.jpg

Kingsbury1_zpsp3wujlgf.jpg

Kingsbury2_zps9jtbr5vg.jpg

Kingsbury3_zps3zvnhyfe.jpg

Kingsbury7_zpsafmu4ypk.jpg

Managed to bag myself a cheeky gloss rear wiper too for the focus from PaintModz! Must say it looks so much better and blends nicely with the privacy glass:

PaintModz_zpsmwujgppa.jpg
  • Like 2

looking good and I also have a gloss black rear wiper from paintmodz your right it does blend in great with the privacy glass. love the overall look of your focus

can I ask where you got your mudflaps from as I have just got a zetec s rear skirt and would like a set of flaps for the rear just to protect it a bit could you tell me if the flaps will fit the front of my mk2.5 as I have no side skirts fitted.

http://www.performancecreations.co.uk/ford-focus-st-mk2-st225-3mm-pvc-black-308-p.asp

Those are the flaps buddy. They are extremely hard wearing and worth the money. I am pretty sure you wouldn't have any problems fitting them to your car without side skirts. Just have to pick your holes :)

Cheers for your comments and the rear wiper fits the car nicely :)

1 hour ago, Wheels93 said:

http://www.performancecreations.co.uk/ford-focus-st-mk2-st225-3mm-pvc-black-308-p.asp

Those are the flaps buddy. They are extremely hard wearing and worth the money. I am pretty sure you wouldn't have any problems fitting them to your car without side skirts. Just have to pick your holes :)

Cheers for your comments and the rear wiper fits the car nicely :)

cheers for the reply and the link fella its much appreciated .buy the sound of them all the fixing come with them so should hopefully fit in the factory flap holes. will wait until I have the diffuser as it needs paint my body colour first so will have to get a few prices for re paint first  

• 2 weeks later...
Tonight seen a very slight change to the motor (when I say slight I mean minuscule)! As today is pay day thought I would treat the car to some new heater knobs :P There are some pics below if anyone is interested ;)

Before:

2016-06-24%2020.08.41_zps3rjdrmo3.jpg

After:

2016-06-24%2019.10.02_zpsidjdhmvs.jpg

In other news though, I think I have finally sold bonnet vents to myself and got myself provisionally on a fitting meet with the Focus STOC. I am bricking myself a little bit but am satisfied that the bloke who is coming out knows what he is doing (Nick STParts). As some of you know, I have got some bonnet vents already but am going to have them colour coded so they are a bit more subtle. I have also got some Carbon EBC Blade Styled Discs and GreenStuff Pads in the post that should hopefully be swapped out next weekend (feel a tad lighter in the pocket after those) but should dramatically improve my breaking performance!

And finally a couple of questions for you lovely people:
1) Do I carbon wrap my centre console?
2) Should I fit a thin Sun Strip onto the front of the car?

C&C Welcomed as per :)
  • Like 1

I like the heater knobs. I did it and think it makes quite a difference and looks a lot classier.

I think that the centre console would look better if it was darker (not sure that carbon wrap would be my choice) - but I think you'd have to do the switches below as well so they don't stand out.

Sun strip would probably look good.

• Like 1

Mm I'm not sure either about carbon but I think it needs something and normally carbon is a pretty tame go. I appreciate what your saying about the buttons but the STs have a carbon surround and silver buttons "/

Sun strip is tempting. Got to see what money I've got left nearer the end of the pay packet with it being a long month :(

• Like 2

loving the knobs have also done this as have loads of other people and they do make a difference. will look  forward to seeing your bonnet vents fitted. a nice subtle sun strip would look great imo I think carbon wrap the console

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Managed to get a few little things in before Ford Fair. Nothing as noticeable as some mods previous but some I have had in some garage and been thinking about for a while. The first thing that I managed to get done was to fit myself a K&N 57s-4000 filter. I did quite a bit of research on this before buying and must be honest it paid off and am really pleased. For those of you that know the filter it costs in the region of £150-£200, I managed to bag this for £80 second hand. It had covered 28k but had been oiled and serviced prior to me purchasing it. The first picture is of the lid which is slightly higher than the standard box and also has an open end to increase the amount of air it can suck in. (Picture taken from Lenny (Ford Owners Club))

KampN%20Lid_zpsbsy697qf.jpg

This second picture is to show how the filter looks and to demonstrate the bung system it incorporates. In the summer you can remove the bung to increase noise and the surface area of the filter. In the winter you would refit the bung as there is a higher chance of sucking in too much cold air and additional rubbish floating around in the air. (Picture taken from Lenny (Ford Owners Club))

Filter%20amp%20Bung_zpswrcgcryr.jpg

The third and fourth pictures are merely it fitted and how it looks in my engine bay. No comments about the cleanliness please :P that'll be sorted over the next couple of days.

KampN%2057s%20Fitted_zpsum9perfa.jpg

KampN%2057s%20Fitted2_zpsvhzriocw.jpg

Some of you may know that I was asking about brakes not too long back. Well I bought them after some discussion and can say I finally fitted them this Saturday just gone. They are EBCs BSD (Blade Series Disc) and the design is lovely. The pads are greenstuff but neither have bed in effectively so I can't give an honest review yet.

EBC%20BSD%201_zpskxxetcxc.jpg

EBC%20BSD%202_zpsp98lpxjd.jpg

Over the next two days I am off work to get the car detailed for Ford Fair. I will update accordingly on the day as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise :P (I'm sure there will be stunners there!)

C&C Welcome as per :)
  • Like 2

I got my self one of them filters buddy and must say they look good.. what a bargin you got yourself

• Like 1

Managed to get a few little things in before Ford Fair. Nothing as noticeable as some mods previous but some I have had in some garage and been thinking about for a while. The first thing that I managed to get done was to fit myself a K&N 57s-4000 filter. I did quite a bit of research on this before buying and must be honest it paid off and am really pleased. For those of you that know the filter it costs in the region of £150-£200, I managed to bag this for £80 second hand. It had covered 28k but had been oiled and serviced prior to me purchasing it. The first picture is of the lid which is slightly higher than the standard box and also has an open end to increase the amount of air it can suck in. (Picture taken from Lenny (Ford Owners Club))   KampN%20Lid_zpsbsy697qf.jpg   This second picture is to show how the filter looks and to demonstrate the bung system it incorporates. In the summer you can remove the bung to increase noise and the surface area of the filter. In the winter you would refit the bung as there is a higher chance of sucking in too much cold air and additional rubbish floating around in the air. (Picture taken from Lenny (Ford Owners Club))   Filter%20amp%20Bung_zpswrcgcryr.jpg   The third and fourth pictures are merely it fitted and how it looks in my engine bay. No comments about the cleanliness please [emoji14] that'll be sorted over the next couple of days.   KampN%2057s%20Fitted_zpsum9perfa.jpg   KampN%2057s%20Fitted2_zpsvhzriocw.jpg   Some of you may know that I was asking about brakes not too long back. Well I bought them after some discussion and can say I finally fitted them this Saturday just gone. They are EBCs BSD (Blade Series Disc) and the design is lovely. The pads are greenstuff but neither have bed in effectively so I can't give an honest review yet.   EBC%20BSD%201_zpskxxetcxc.jpg   EBC%20BSD%202_zpsp98lpxjd.jpg   Over the next two days I am off work to get the car detailed for Ford Fair. I will update accordingly on the day as I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise [emoji14] (I'm sure there will be stunners there!)   C&C Welcome as per :)

I must say that is a bargain, it is on my shopping list.

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not updated this in a while so i thought I would pick some pictures up. I promised pictures from Ford Fair and never delivered so here we go. No modifications have been done on the vehicle since Ford Fair although I've been eyeing up a bonnet with vents. If any have heard the rumours then, yes I am looking at getting a TS Mk3 ST next year :)

I will be attending The Ford Bibles breakfast next Sunday in Tipton if anyone is attending :) the car will be treated to a full Carbon Collective detail this week coming and I will do pictures! PINKY SWEAR!

P.S is it just me or is Photobucket now riddled in JavaScript Viruses!

IMG_20160804_123219_zpsmnq8zidt.jpg

IMG_20160803_145732_zpspcdembir.jpg

IMG_20160803_145659_zpsifzssgkc.jpg

IMG_20160803_145714_zpsbm6tztb0.jpg

IMG_20160803_161154_zpsiwmvh9ys.jpg

DSC08068_zpsystuw06h.jpg

IMG_3879_zpsuwh3lfv6.jpg

IMG_3900_zpsvtxzxkqv.jpg

• Like 2

Got some new toys over the black friday period. I have procured some Carbon Collective detailing products and a Karcher K4 full control and a WD2 VAC :) should have posted this on before but my Instagram is jimmy_wheel if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

great pics form ford fair fella and the paint work is looking nice and glossy

• 1 month later...

Trying to get a bit of a ball rolling on this. Car is coming up for sale with everything on it except the headunit and air intake. Message if seriously interested and I will not be taking parts off for seperate sale.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club