Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C Max Centre Console Swap For Titanium?

ally67

I have a 2009 c max 2.0 zetec but I notice the titanium has a great centre console?

I do however also note the handbreak is on the drivers side of the console, at present, the zetec is fitted as if for a left hand drive on the other side.

Can or is there a way to enter change these consoles? Or is there an alternative to I can get a centre storage holder?

If you get the console from the same spec (i.e.you might be able to buy a Left Hand Drive console for a titanium) and that means you might get what you need?

No not really as mine is a right hand drive but the titanium right hand drive has the handbreak on the other side? Weird stuff but I presume that this is a si9mple enough swap as they are both C max and only a few little differences.

Having said that, why bother I suppose, a lot of work for very little reward LOL. Probably just as well getting a eBay centre console to bolt on?!?!?!?!

On a happier note, I had looked for a carbon bonnet trim (to replace the chrome) without any luck. Well when I say no luck the only ones I could find were £100+ and I wasn't paying that!

So contacted a hydro dip place who offered to do a hydro dip on the chrome with a black/red carbon, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=carbon+hydro+dip&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wuyAU9mfDYHb7Aa2uYHwBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=936#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=zjHZswe3wWfQUM%253A%3BUEaOQSHack2MkM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi386.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Foo301%252Fjrwill_20%252FRed20carbon.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fls1tech.com%252Fforums%252Fwheels-tires%252F1376906-hydro-dipped-carbon-fiber-zr1-wheels-any-interests.html%3B448%3B336 not sure if this link will work but I thought is was quite smart? £35?

Anybody found decent DRL's for a c max? Bought a few off eBay but they really are abysmal?

Yeah I was just thinking that the handbrake on the LHD motor should still be towards that side. so if you were to find one you should find its a direct swap. I would be surprised if they move the handbrake on a LHD model.

As for the DRL's there are different types, the best ones though IMO are fog light housing DRL's

I've been looking for them with no success?

eBay? But none seem to fit the c max fog lights my motor is my avatar

<-------

<-------

Yeah sadly they dont seem to do the same style that I have found so far, you will need to trapse around the web to find that particular style, but someone somewhere should do one. Alternatively, a well positioned Universal fit, can offer a good outcome also.

If Inever had bad luck I would have no luck ;)

A word to the wise, don't buy these ones, they are abysmal!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251514951392?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If anybody finds an OEM or universal style that has a fair power can you let me know. Happy to spend up to about £60 ;)

Depends, if you want DRL LED's then that is one thing, but if you wanted you can convert the fog lights to operate as an DRL, although I havent looked too far into it.The best

thing to do first is find where you want them to live, measure this area to find the maximum you can take and then start looking at LED's from between 25 and 60 quid, there are different styles, intensities, number of LED's vary also.

It just takes a bit of research, I dont think mine looked too badly though and I bought them based on budget of £15, but they can look better if you can spend more :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=c+max+2009+DRL&_nkwusc=CMAX+2009+DRL&_rdc=1

Depends, if you want DRL LED's then that is one thing, but if you wanted you can convert the fog lights to operate as an DRL, although I havent looked too far into it.The best

thing to do first is find where you want them to live, measure this area to find the maximum you can take and then start looking at LED's from between 25 and 60 quid, there are different styles, intensities, number of LED's vary also.

It just takes a bit of research, I dont think mine looked too badly though and I bought them based on budget of £15, but they can look better if you can spend more :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=c+max+2009+DRL&_nkwusc=CMAX+2009+DRL&_rdc=1

I have spent months looking and 95% are crap quality and strength, I have 4 sets lying here now and none are really very good :( I am actually using one set now as additional boot lights LOL! Great power, but poor quality build and also rigid so not easy to find a 10 inch flat surface!

They look good, I saw them but was looking more for dedicated fog housing ones but with 18 month warranty it's a good investnebt

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Just not too sure they would be very bright! The wife is going crazy with new DRL's arriving every 3rd day and none any good! None that high powered :(

If you want the truely (factory looking) brightness, you need to pay over £50, anything less than that and its just going to be a little less bright (check my bus build thread for an example of the ones I had). I didnt mind them, I didnt expect them to be as strong output as headlights though.

• Like 1

If you want the truely (factory looking) brightness, you need to pay over £50, anything less than that and its just going to be a little less bright (check my bus build thread for an example of the ones I had). I didnt mind them, I didnt expect them to be as strong output as headlights though.

yes I am beginning to realise I am going to either need to pay over the odds or, build something myself using individual side light lamps, which, I think may be possible ;)

Easy enough, just buy a DRL control relay from eBay about a tenner, you can then wire the positive and negative into the sidelight feeds, then they will come on as sidelight DRL's

haha, so you are now the forums DRL trader ;) if you have any that you dont think are worth selling but giving away.... I am more than happy to free your draw space of them :p lol

I have used one set in the boot, superb light for the boot :) One set I am trying to return as they sold them as ALUMINIUM HOUSINGS when in fact they are cheap plastic and i am sure they are 24v versions. Another set is lying in the garage, welcome to them and another set binned, they were utterly useless!! The ones here are these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2x-15LED-Soft-Strip-Daytime-Running-Driving-DRL-Eagle-Eye-Fog-LED-Light-Lamp-/200980893965?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ecb65110d

utterly pointless really but welcome to them if you want?

Well here is 2 of the DRL's fitted into the boot, superb, these are the best of a bad bunch but due to them being rigid and having poor sticky tape they are relegated to the boot!!! These are actually glued on with silicon!

Also fitted the parking sensors, so mostly done now. One set of new DRL's still to come :)

10374876_10154149237900357_2474405200146

10411317_10154149237735357_4931017687480

haha that looks awesome matey :) at least you put it to use!

I will update on these latest DRL's once they arrive, should be tomorrow. Out all day so may not get them

Hopefully these are the ones you want!

well, they have arrived, still not really that great if I am being honest but to hell with it, they will have to do! Once I get a chance to cut away the grill I will get you a photo on ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club