Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Get Access To Tsb's For My Car?

brokentechie

Hi all,

following on from my previous post regarding ABS sensor wire, I have found out that on my OH's 2010 Titanium the wiring has been changed - I was sold a sensor lead, which has a connector on it, but looking at the physical car it looks like this has been replaced as part of a TSB, as the cable on my car routes right back to the ESP module with no connector at the wing.

I cannot for the life of me get any info out of my local stealer, so I begging for help here.

The problem:

ABS and ESP light illuminated on dash, error codes C1145 and U2023. Intermittent.

I know the sensor is good, I have continuity (but this may be intermittent) however I suspect that the pins 8 and 9 at connector C830 are a bit duff due to being replaced. I need to strip the connector down at both ends of the lead, however I'm struggling with how to release the pins so I can check fully continuity, and if required change the cable.

Can anyone please help - if it was covered under a TSB and changed, am I likely to have any joy with Ford at them meeting at least some of the cost to fix.

The diagnostic states I should check for 12v at the sensor end, which I don't have across the + and - pins, however if I connect the +ve and ground the meter out on the chassis I have the required voltage. As I said continuity checks out so it can only be a dodgy pin at either the sensor or the ABS/ESP module.

Many thanks

BT

Sound saft but you checked that there is no swarf/rust on the magnetic side of the wheel bearing? Had the similar codes in the past an there is a tsb about it.

I found the smallest piece of metal on there an cleaned it off an it hasnt came back on since

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Sound saft but you checked that there is no swarf/rust on the magnetic side of the wheel bearing? Had the similar codes in the past an there is a tsb about it.

I found the smallest piece of metal on there an cleaned it off an it hasnt came back on since

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

I'm pretty sure - as I said I have checked the voltage across the sensor terminal block and I can't get the 12v required - I will try again and hope for the best - it was intermittent but it's permanent now!

Thanks for the suggestion

BT

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club