Car started ok first thing today so ran an errand then got back into car and it wouldn’t start, not a click yet all lights on dash lit.
Thinking battery was flat I tried jump leads from another ford focus which ironically was parked at the side of me – still nothing, not even a click, so bump started it and it ran ok.
Arrived home thinking the battery was flat so disconnected it and put it on the charger and found it was fully charged (the fully charged light lit up after about 30seconds). Reconnected battery and it started on the key ok.
Does this sound like an intermittent starter motor fault or something more sinister?
Car is a 2002 1.8 TDDI LX Estate