Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Attention All Ebay Users

Hyrule

Just a heads up, apparently eBay has been victim of a cyber attack and the hackers gained access to the to login details, home addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and DOB's of every single eBay account holder. We are talking over 200million people. This took place in February/March but has only come to light now.

It would be prudent to log on and change your password asap. Paypal is apparently unaffected but I would suggest changing that password as well.

Considering my Focus is practically modded with parts from eBay as are many other members, it's quite serious.

B

It's good that eBay have taken the time to inform us all by message or email...oh wait...no they didn't...

I heard from my Dad (who in turn heard it on the radio)

(I was amazed my Dad recognised what eBay was, and that I probably have an account!!)

Username, password and registered email address all changed!

sadly these things happen, but they advise its only come to light in the last couple of days, I changed my password and thats it really. These things are an inconvenience!

• Like 1

the big problem is some people use the same log in and password for all there online accounts, so the risk is this info being used on other websites, amazon, Banking, ect.

I am a bit lazy, and for "none important" sites, I just tend to use the same password, so if it got hijacked and had no financial implications, I dont really care! but for things like banking and anything that will allow me to actually make a purchase, I have a much more stringent password routine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club