Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convenience Pack - Keyless Entry A Warning

DunkPoole

I collected by new Titanium Ecoboost today and when I ordered it on 4 April the Convenience pack was a free option added for April builds. Just a warning to anyone concerning the range of the key. Be careful if you keep your key close to where you park. I park my car in the drive at the side of the house, the other side of the outside wall and always keep my keys on a hook in the hall on that outside wall. The car is parked within 3 to 4 feet of the key and the signal manages to penetrate the cavity wall and about 3 feet of air and allow me to unlock the car (although not the boot strangely) with the key on the hook indoors. I will have to get in the habit of keeping the keys elsewhere !

I had a Suzuki Swift with keyless entry and start a few years back and that had a more limited range for the key and didn't work in this same situation. I always have a habit of checking and double checking to see if my car is locked and the boot with the fiesta is a real pain with keyless as you can never be sure thats locked as the release works if the key is in range.

I suppose on the plus side, it's only like leaving it unlocked. It can't be started unless the key is inside the vehicle. But, as you say, maybe time to find new key locations!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

My Titanium X automatically relocks if the door is not opened, I think the timer is 45 seconds.

I also find that the easiest way to check that the car has been locked is the powerfold mirros - if they are folded in, the car is locked.

• Like 1

My Titanium X automatically relocks if the door is not opened, I think the timer is 45 seconds.

I also find that the easiest way to check that the car has been locked is the powerfold mirros - if they are folded in, the car is locked.

Harder to do now, but on my Edge I more than once caught the little adjustment knob and manually folded them in as I got out of the car. Once I'd closed the door I was thinking "did I lock that?" :rolleyes:

Keep your keys in the bedroom then the thieving scum bags can't steal your car. Too many folks leave keys visible or near doors I know twice had attempted break ins for my scooby keys. Always take them upstairs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I collected by new Titanium Ecoboost today and when I ordered it on 4 April the Convenience pack was a free option added for April builds. Just a warning to anyone concerning the range of the key. Be careful if you keep your key close to where you park. I park my car in the drive at the side of the house, the other side of the outside wall and always keep my keys on a hook in the hall on that outside wall. The car is parked within 3 to 4 feet of the key and the signal manages to penetrate the cavity wall and about 3 feet of air and allow me to unlock the car (although not the boot strangely) with the key on the hook indoors. I will have to get in the habit of keeping the keys elsewhere !

I had a Suzuki Swift with keyless entry and start a few years back and that had a more limited range for the key and didn't work in this same situation. I always have a habit of checking and double checking to see if my car is locked and the boot with the fiesta is a real pain with keyless as you can never be sure thats locked as the release works if the key is in range.

Interesting stuff, I will make sure my keys are kept out of range. I'm interested where you say the convenience pack was free on April builds, how did you find this out? My reason for asking is my dealer charged me for it and I'm sure mine was a April build/ order

I can't see any of this original post, the only thing I can see is "keyless entry" highlighted, which takes me to eBay ???

Interesting stuff, I will make sure my keys are kept out of range. I'm interested where you say the convenience pack was free on April builds, how did you find this out? My reason for asking is my dealer charged me for it and I'm sure mine was a April build/ order

When I was looking at the the best price I could get I found this on drive the deal http://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car/ford/fiesta+hatchback/index.html. I mentioned this to my local dealer and he said yes the Convenience pack was now free on the Titanium from April 1 orders. I ordered from my local dealer in the end. I see you have an ST2 though ? You could have had the Style Pack for free ?

ST models: Please note that our quotes include a FREE Style Pack (if option is fitted to the car).

Titanium models: Please note that our quotes include a FREE Convenience Pack (if option is fitted to the car). Please request this on ordering.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DunkPoole. I am curious. Got mine today, and also had the Convenience Pack as a free option, although apparently this contains in part electronic foldable mirrors which is standard on the Titanium anyway. Out of interest, what else did you get? For some reason, I thought I was getting rear parking sensors, but this is not the case (not too worried as I think they're a bit of a pest). The saleslady didn't really know what was included. On mine, there's a start/stop button, and Keyless Entry. Can't see anything else different. On the Ford website the Convenience Pack is advertised at £425 which seems a lot! I hope you're enjoying your new car.

Phil keep your keys out of sight from outside yes I agree but if they are going to break into your house they are not going to stop until they find the keys and will threaten you and your family if necessary. The bedroom is not a good idea to be honest. Leave them downstairs on a hook or something so if the cretins do break in they are not going to harm you to get them. There are too many cases of people being attacked in their home to get the car keys. No car is worth that.

• Like 1

Mr Baseball bat would have something to say if they tried that, reasonable force is ok to defend yourself and family and property, oh and I know a magistrate as well haha

philg, slightly off topic but you've had some awesome cars

I love my car but with two small kids in the house they can have the keys imagine one of your kids waking up to stranger on your landing theyd be scared for life. ......regarding the keyless entry only last week a friend (male no blonde jokes) finished work went over to car which opened with keyless entry then whatever he did taking keys out he dropped them down a drain lol he couldnt leave because car was opened cus keys were only few feet away lol had to pay a teenager to go get hanger to fish them out after two hour

philg, slightly off topic but you've had some awesome cars

Thanks mate. I've always had a bit of a passion since I first passed my test. Soon as I could afford decent cars I just had to have them. Unfortunately there are many more I would have had but couldn't afford

I love my car but with two small kids in the house they can have the keys imagine one of your kids waking up to stranger on your landing theyd be scared for life. ......

That's very true Vicki. When the scum tried to break in my house the kids were under 10 and we had many sleepless nights with them my son is 24 now and would probably beat the s**t out of them before I got anywhere near.

• Like 1

It's easy to think big when it hasn't happened but why would you risk it in the first place over a car? They are not going to run out screaming with fear. If they can find the keys the chances are they will be off without you having to try and defend your family with a piece of wood ;)

Extactly rick. ....and phil god love your son. ...I was in my early twenties in my apartment came out of the loo to find some scumbag going through my handbag(wasn't leo lol) I was stood in total shock he pulled back his fist to punch me then ran out. ...totally scared the crap out of me. ....buggar came back too leo & i were in hospital having our first baby scan. ...came home too all the door frames hanging off he kicked in 5doors & our landladies son upstairs heard nothing. ...he got laptops, cameras & weirdly some of my underwear anyways sorry for ranting on your topic dunkpoole

i think if i was buying a new car n would opt out of keyless entry, for a little bit of convenience seems alot of could be problems.

vickiC why would a burglar want to rob underwear :/ bit random eh?

i think if i was buying a new car n would opt out of keyless entry, for a little bit of convenience seems alot of could be problems.

+1........eh your guess is as good as mine. ...for his missus?lol

Cos he's a perv probably

• Like 1

Hi DunkPoole. I am curious. Got mine today, and also had the Convenience Pack as a free option, although apparently this contains in part electronic foldable mirrors which is standard on the Titanium anyway. Out of interest, what else did you get? For some reason, I thought I was getting rear parking sensors, but this is not the case (not too worried as I think they're a bit of a pest). The saleslady didn't really know what was included. On mine, there's a start/stop button, and Keyless Entry. Can't see anything else different. On the Ford website the Convenience Pack is advertised at £425 which seems a lot! I hope you're enjoying your new car.

The Convenience pack on the Titanium is only the keyless start and entry and at £425 it is a bit pricey. I wouldn't have taken it as an option unless it was free but it is handy now I have experienced it. Other options I added were variable boot floor for £75, rear parking sensors for £200, Full size spare wheel for £100 and Active City Stop for £200. I later decided I wanted to add the Full Dress up Kit for £500 but I wasn't able to add it as it was a week before the scheduled build date. It can be added as a dealer fit option but I have had quotes ranging between £1500-£2000 so I don't think I will bother !

Agreed- rather pricey! Thanks for replying. I just got some 17 inch alloys which do look lovely I have to say. I can only describe the engine as 'zippy' or maybe 'nippy'. I have noticed I'm in the lower gears for longer than the 1.6 Titanium (2012) I had prior to this. It certainly is swifty wifty (125).