Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon Headlights

Lee Oyston

Hi I have a ford fiedta zetec 58 reg

What are the brightest xenon headlights I can get that are ice white colour which are legal

Thanks.

You can't actually get real xenon lights that are legal for your car,,,, insert legal jargon here !!! A lot of people use 'Night breaker' bulbs, readily available from e-bay and the likes.

The 'K' rating does not tell how bright they will be, but rather how warm the colour is. I think 3.5k is close to factory xenons, but most seem to go for 6k.

I think 35w is standard and I know you can go higher, I'm thinking this will produce more light?

The Whiter the bulb the lower the K rating, the higher you go the more "blue" in fact purple they go.

I use 6000k 35w and they look as white and factory standard as you can get without the real deal standard fitted.

Are you guys talking about HID kits, as the OP was asking whats the brightest/best bulb he can use legally ? I personally use HID's in my car, but I have the projector lens, which makes it much more easy on the eye to oncoming drivers. I'm not a fan of people using these kits with the standard reflective headlights, as they scatter the light, and dazzle oncoming drivers, and generally give HID's a bad name.

Mike77 just to clarify this,

I haven't ever noticed 2 different headlight fittings on this Fiesta, can you post a picture at some point and I'll put a pic up of mine so we can all examine the difference on one page and see what will work?

On the mk7 they came with reflector on the basic models matt and projector on higher spec models

The facelifts are all projector from my knowledge ? May be wrong but the st,zetec and zetec s certainly are.

Only issue is with the ST you cannot fit a HID Kit to one properly, the Fuse Box is about 5MM behind the lightbulb and there is no room to add anything extra other than just a bulb. 1st world problem.

Don't think it's projector though, will check on lunch, Odd I've never actually bothered to look at it properly.

Where there's a will there's a way ;) you'd be able to route the wires and fit the ballast somewhere. The st is 100% projector :)

• Like 1

The st's only difference is the led drl rather than the h15 bulb the zs's have instead of the st's h1 bulb.

I've fitted HIDs to my ST matt no problem lots of places to fit the ballast

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Does the st have h15 or h1 full beam? Anyone checked on theirs

I'm pretty certain it's h1, not h15 as they have the led drl not built in with the h1 main beam (h15).

The ST main beam is H15, dipped beam is H7

The ST main beam is H15, dipped beam is H7

That's interesting, why does the st need the second filament in it then ?

My understanding is that the main beam H15 also lights the DRL's but I could be wrong.

Weird, on the zs that's how it works obviously but on the st it's a seperate strip ? Gonna have to have a nosy at the next st I see Hahaa. Ford don't half make it awkard with this h15 bulb :(

I've read somewhere on here that there is a brighter whiter bulb being developed for the H15

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app