Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync: Heavy Drain On Phone?

GrumpyTrucker

Hey all. Anyone else notice what appears to be a huge hit on the phone battery when using Sync to play music? I just had mine drain by 15% on a 20 minute drive. When playing through a standard bluetooth headset I can go for hours on 10%

It's a cracking feature, but not a lot of use if the phone goes flat after an hour!

No, my Phone is perfectly fine, Android though, those inferior apple devices may be different :D

• Like 2

Weird. You guys streaming or playing stuff off the device? I'm now wondering if the 3G is working harder due to the element in the heated screen.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Streaming and playing via BT will kill the battery, much like when you use the phone to tether it kills the battery.

It's probably worth buying a £10 USB stick and play your music from that, see if your phone still drains it's battery when it's not doing anything.

Or just buy a usb lead and have your phone on charge while you play music ?

Or just buy a usb lead and have your phone on charge while you play music ?

Yeah that's probably the easiest option.

Sent from my Moto E using Ford OC mobile app

Streaming and playing via BT will kill the battery, much like when you use the phone to tether it kills the battery.

Thing is I can stream from Spotify to a bluetooth headset, and if doing nothing else with the phone (as is the case here), I lose maybe 20% in 4 hours. Now, the area I'm driving around is on the fringes of 4G so I wonder if constant searching is a problem. Will knock 4G off to see

As for cables - I've got cables. Sick of cables trailing around the gear stick though. I've got a cable free option now and I'd rather use that.

USB stick - can't stream Spotify off that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Best thing is to sub to spotify create a playlist of your music via te app and on wifi then make the list available offline and you can still listen to your tracks without streaming much better

I do subscribe. But I never know what I want to listen to until I'm out on the road, so having everything I've got listed would fill my phone :D (which is already pretty full with audiobooks :D )

I'll keep an eye on this battery drain and see how it goes.

Yeah I know what you mean it sucks your GB allowance aswell I burnt 3-4 gig in no time on streaming so made a playlist lol

Update: I turned 4G off on the phone and mostly I'm seeing much less battery drain when connected to Sync. I guess because where I am is right on the fringes of two overlapping 4G areas but it hasn't reached my area officially yet, I think the phone has been 'hunting' a lot.

Yeah I know what you mean it sucks your GB allowance aswell I burnt 3-4 gig in no time on streaming so made a playlist lol

Mate of mine has a 6 series with TV tuner and Wifi direct for playing video, 1 episode of Dexter over 4G on a trip up north hoovered up 3.4 GB straight away lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club