Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pics Required Please

jgriff

Im in search of some help from you lovely folk. Ive purchased a zetec s kit for my mk2.5 focus this week but need your help. The thing is, ive got a towbar on my car which i need every so often, so therefore the rear diffuser will need to be modified to accomodate it.

I met with the man in the bodyshop today and hes a bit reluctant to go chopping it, so im wondering if anyone on here has a zetec s kit fitted with a towbar. If there is anyone on here that has this would you mind posting up a pic of yours on here to give me an idea of how much needs to be cut out.

I generally remove the hitch from the car when its not in use, just for asthetic purposes and would like to be able to do so when the kit is fitted if possible.

Thanks in advance

John

• Like 1

I havent heard of anyone doing this, but I have to be honest, and say - if you need a towbar, dont bother with the Zetec S kit at the same time. so if you want to put the towbar on, then remove the S kit, put the standard on with the towbar, then swap over when your done. Unless your looking to leave it permenantly?

• Like 1

theres a towbar kit available for zetec s

• Like 1

Cant get to see that link salsheikh for some reason, maybe my phone.

Ive been searching the net for solutions and my only options are to either get rid of it altogether, or cut the diffuser which I dont want to do, or just change it for one that is detachable and designed to accommodate the zetec s kit without any butchery. When I detach the towbar then you won't be able to tell that there is one there at all

• Like 1

Hi john,

There was a guy perhaps still is on focusownersclub.com with a silver zetecS had a detachable towbar and no problem with the diffuser section,

His signature picture was his focus parked infront of some blaxk&yellow flood gates

Saw him on there for a long time so i assume hes easily found

also see here: http://diy-towbars.co.uk/ford-focus-towtrust-detachable-towbar-2008-2011

Yea thats the type of one I was lookin at lenny. The one I have at the moment, the bottom of the bumper had to have a 2" square cut out to accommodate it. Really dont want to cut the diffuser for something that isn't used too often

• Like 1

Yea thats the type of one I was lookin at lenny. The one I have at the moment, the bottom of the bumper had to have a 2" square cut out to accommodate it. Really dont want to cut the diffuser for something that isn't used too often

good thing is the zetecS kit will cover the cut out,

Im sure you could remove the existing towbar kit, quick spray coat black and sell it onwards on perhaps Adverts.ie

That would cover atleast have the cost of the detachable.

• Like 1

Yea thats the plan anyway. Is there much hassle to removing the rear bumper in order to change the towbar

Yea thats the plan anyway. Is there much hassle to removing the rear bumper in order to change the towbar

straight forward removing mate,

But plenty of WD40 on the side bolts,

Remove some screws from the rear inner wheel arch and reach inside to remove the nut from a bolt on either side,

Go easy though,

because the head of the bolt is moulded inside the plastic bumper bracket and it the nut sticks, it can lock up resulting in ringing the bolt,

Replacement brackets are cheap like 20 euro each but preferably not need them,

Four bolts and two plastic rivets to remove the rear bumper

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny, hopefully it won't be too much hassle

• Like 1