• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Mk 6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi,
Engine management light came on recently so I purchased a diagnostic tool and ran the checks myself, found that the only fault I was getting was P0033. This apparently relates to the Turbo/supercharger wastegate control circuit... Now I have a petrol with no form of turbo installed, this has been confirmed by SMC ford who looked up my veh specs. Any suggestions about what might be causing this problem? Should I just clear the fault codes and see if they reappear?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Seems a logical thing to do but as amatter of interest, how do you clear the fault codes ?

#3 Martin0206

Martin0206

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Mk 6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Cleared it and it came back on again, gonna have to call the breakdown service out I think lol. You need a diagnostic scanner OBD II, then you can scan your car for faults and also clear them but like with me it will just come back on again if there is still an issue... God knows what's wrong with mine!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P0033, Ford fiesta, EML, Engine, Turbo, Wastegate, Circuit, Fault, Petrol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users