Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Mk3 04 Limp Mode And Cuts Out

dan2403

Hi I am new to this I have a tdci 04 plate 2.0l ford mondeo the car was running all Ok the glow plug started to flash car goes in to limp mode and then cuts out car can be turned off and back on and back to normal

I have plugged car in to code reader and P0251 comes up

I have changed fuel filter

Bought new imv

Done injector leak off test and 10ml in all 4 after 4mins

Cleaned egr valve

Changed pressure sensor on fuel rail

Changed all fuel pipes

Put new turbo and actuator on

Checked all boost pipes for leaks and all Ok

Bought new boost valve

Changed maf sensor

Checked all turbo pipes all Ok

Also made my own fuel tank and made no difference

Also checked fuel pump pressure all Ok

This codes has come up and when plugged in to code reader I clear code and run car and it comes on when I am in 3rd about 3000 revs

Has anyone's else had this problem and fixed it as I am lost at what it could be

Hi I am new to this I have a tdci 04 plate 2.0l ford mondeo the car was running all Ok the glow plug started to flash car goes in to limp mode and then cuts out car can be turned off and back on and back to normal

I have plugged car in to code reader and P0251 comes up

I have changed fuel filter

Bought new imv

Done injector leak off test and 10ml in all 4 after 4mins

Cleaned egr valve

Changed pressure sensor on fuel rail

Changed all fuel pipes

Put new turbo and actuator on

Checked all boost pipes for leaks and all Ok

Bought new boost valve

Changed maf sensor

Checked all turbo pipes all Ok

Also made my own fuel tank and made no difference

Also checked fuel pump pressure all Ok

This codes has come up and when plugged in to code reader I clear code and run car and it comes on when I am in 3rd about 3000 revs

Has anyone's else had this problem and fixed it as I am lost at what it could be

Fault code:

P0251 - Injection pump fuel metering control A malfunction (cam/rotor/injection)

P0251 is a difficult code to diagnose as it can cover injectors, fuel pump, imv and fuel filter (probably others as well)

IMV valve ( Inlet metering valve) controls the amount of diesel entering the high pressure section of the pump. This is controlled by the ECU to maintain the pressure in the rail when the demand for diesel increases from the injectors.

IMV valve is very reliable and does not fail normally.

Many people try changing this because some error codes refer to it but the fault usually lies elsewhere.

If the injectors leak badly then the demand for high pressure diesel increases. the IMV valve then opens and lets more diesel in to the high pressure section of the pump. If the leak is very bad then the flow of diesel will reach the maximum the IMV valve can handle and you will get an error message pointing to the IMV valve. the problem is however not with the valve but with the injectors.

The injectors on the mk3 TDCI are DELPHI, they were designed for high sulphor diesel that was phased out of circulation in 2007, running it on low-sulphor diesel can cause wear, given that the car is 10 years old now, and you have covered most other thngs, it is probably the injectors

Injectors and fuel pump was changed on car after me owning the car for 2weeks nearly two years ago.

It's a mondeo mk3 just over 110k on clock the engine management light is on as well

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

Injectors and fuel pump was changed on car after me owning the car for 2weeks nearly two years ago.

It's a mondeo mk3 just over 110k on clock the engine management light is on as well

Perhaps you should list what you have not changed - off the top of my head all i can think of is loose connection/ short (permenent or intermittant) or a fault in the ECU

has the car a pnumatic or electronic actuator?

Tell us more about making your own fuel tank? do you mean a temporary gravity-fed one or something else?

Did you do all the work yourself or are you working with others/ what is your background?

I am a diesel fitter work with lorry's cars plant machinery I have been doing all the work my self I have a electronic actuator which I have replaced but still no difference

I have taken all connectors off and sprayed them I have a lecky looking at the ecu on Tuesday thats the only thing left

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club