Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air conditioning Charge stub?

cartman690

Hi Gang 24c yesterday. My car is like a Turbo oven and the aircon is blowing warm air :o and the pump is just Ticking. :unsure: 2 Questions does anyone Know where the low side charge port is. the high side is on the front slam panel, and any Idea what the System capacity is in grams. Just to mention I have all the Recharging Kit as I recharge refridgeration at work. Thanks Cartman690...

Hi

Low pressure service point is on reciever dryer behind r/h headlight. Takes 0.470 kg refrigerant (R134a). Remove headlight to gain access (3 screws). Sticker under headlight.

Serviced the wife's 07 Fusion on nightshift last night. Same problem as you. Manufactures are not filling systems to full capacity when new. Doesn't take much refrigerant loss to stop the system working.

Hope this helps

Top man 'muddler1958' Thanks found it... :P Who would think to take the headlamp out.... :lol:

I would normaly discharge the system vacuum it out and recharge it, but I heeded your advice put my rig on and and went for the top up... it only took 2.5 grames of gas and the compressor kicked in its running about 35 psi on the high side. and chilling at 6-8 deg at vent after 3 mins and staying there does that sound about right?...

anyway I'm a cool cat now. not a hot head. thanks for the help and tip...Cartman690... :rolleyes: ;) :blink:

Temp and pressure sounds right.

Should have recovered refrigerant and drawn a vacuum for 30 mins before filling with refrigerant again to make sure all moisture removed.

Will do as a temorary fix though.

Yeah all working fine for the mo... :rolleyes: off on me jollies this weekend and all still running cool... :lol: will run for a while and if required will vac and recharge complete...

Quick Question...would you vac out with engine running ac on. or off stationary?

Thanks again cartman690...

Hi

Recover refrigerant through low pressure port. Evacuate through high and low pressure ports for minimum 30 mins. Recharge through high pressure port. All with engine and AC switched off.

If no refrigerant in system suggest evacuating for 60 mins, then recharge with half fill and run AC and check for leaks. If no leaks top up to recommened fill.

Hope this helps

muddler1958

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi chap the slam panel is the panel above the radiator thats where the high side port is...the port that you want is the low side, behind the drivers side headlight on uk models.best if you havent got all the kit is to get a top up kit from Halfords or alike. remove headlight make note of the marks on the bolt washers for refitting alighnment, and follow the destructions on the tin...

mine had lost just a tiny amount and now is still running bfine thanks to the help given on here...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club