Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 1.4Tdci 2003 Bleed Nipple Sizes?

amunro

I have done a load of googling on this and haven't found anything conclusive. Does anyone know the front disk and rear drum brake bleed screw sizes/specs? The rear takes a 7mm spanner and the front a 9mm (or are these imperial 1/4" and 3/8"?). I need to buy at least one for the front as its rounded a little and I just about got it off by putting a deep 3/8" socket on it and gently tapping it to break the seal. I think next time I do it I won't be so lucky so best change it. Odd thing is the other side took a 9mm socket (3/8" is about 9.5mm), or maybe it just fitted better due old age and rusting? These cars are made in Germany so it doesn't make any sense these odd imperial sizes? Also googling says all Fords use M10 1mm bleed screws, but that obviously isn't true!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Amunro, the Fusion and Mk6 Fiesta are almost identical but you'll be able to find parts and answers much easier for the Fiesta.. when googling type in Fiesta Mk6 instead of Fusion and with a bit of luck you should find your answer!

2004 Ford Fusion 3 TDCI.