Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2003 1.8 Tdci Lx Egr Blanking

Gezziefizzle

Ive had bad new aa wouldn't cover my egr as the garage had told them it was blocked with carbon and not failed, stupid because the garage hasn't even touched the car so how would they know? So ive bought a 2nd hand egr from egr £35 from eBay including delivery. Going to fit it as soon as i can get the time, lenny do you know if i will need any new gaskets? Ive replacing the whole manifold not just the egr itself

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Ive had bad new aa wouldn't cover my egr as the garage had told them it was blocked with carbon and not failed, stupid because the garage hasn't even touched the car so how would they know? So ive bought a 2nd hand egr from egr £35 from ebay including delivery. Going to fit it as soon as i can get the time, lenny do you know if i will need any new gaskets? Ive replacing the whole manifold not just the egr itself

You did not need to waste your money- a solid EGR blanking plate (costing about £5) fixes a faulty EGR valve because it effectively disables it

But now you could give the replacement inlet manifold a good internal clean before fiting it

Thanks foca for the advise

Ahh i didnt know it needed to be reprogrammed into the ecu, very daft these deisels everythin has to be reprogrammed absolute sh*** lol ill try that but pretty sure it doesnt click atall, is the click loud enough ?

Very true the injectors are a joke.

i had another of these focus's and the turbo blew, i took it bk to the garage who sold it me it took 6 weeks n then they said the warranty wont fix it and then ive ended up with this one ha.

Ive uploaded a video on youtube of it so you can have a listen. Ill pass on the url in a moment

• Like 1

How can i get it to upload driving me mad ha

Thats really bad but good on him for getting it fixed, i heard the newer ford focus diesels are harder to service because its a son of a b**** to get the fuel flowing back in the system and actually start the car, my cousins a merc mechanic in northampton and he had one in and he phoned up ford to tell him how you get it to work and he said the guy laughed at him down the phone and said good luck.

Wish i would of fixed my old turbo before i gave it him because with that car it moved like a rocket!

In this one im tempted to remove the engine, cut a big hole in the floor and use it as a fred flintstone car, never had this many problems with my w reg 1.25 zetec fiesta

Well Clive AKA Stoney871 sent me the Pic's and guild below, which might be helpful for others with a MK2 Focus.

msg-28494-0-61149900-1401386255_thumb.jp

msg-28494-0-05835700-1401386251_thumb.jp

msg-28494-0-02495400-1401386261_thumb.jp

The plate goes in between the pipe and the EGR body where the third picture is marked.

You loosen the two bolts and slide the plate between the metal gasket and the EGR body itself.

To access the bolts is a bit of a pain but the whole project will take about 30 minutes.

First you need to remove the wiper arms.

Next remove the clips along the front of the scuttle as arrowed in the first and second photos.

There is a rubber seal that sits between the upper and lower scuttle parts which will pull away easily.

Remove the top scuttle panel and you will find bolts underneath holding the lower panel in place.

Undo these and lift the panel off then the bolts on the EGR pipe are much easier to access.

• Like 1

That looks a ball bag to do im never getting a mk 2 ha

• Like 1

Fitted the egr blanking plate today couldnt get to the part to remove the egr, not started it yet :/ too scared ha, am i right in placing the blanking plate under the the egr on the pipe i showed in a previous post?

• Like 1

Right finally started it, took it for a run, true its more responsive in lower gears and sounds alot smoother but it hasnt removed the power loss so im all out of ideas, i will only know if the poor start continues in the morning and i will update again......possible leaky injectors thats my last theory

you didnt need to take off wipers n scuttle etc.... easily do-able with them in situ... takes around 5 mins...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club