Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta - which petrol engine?

JonLa

Still idiotically indecisive about the actual fiesta model, but what about engine size? anyone like to comment on how they've found the various petrol engines?

Still idiotically indecisive about the actual fiesta model, but what about engine size? anyone like to comment on how they've found the various petrol engines?

1.4 is good, faster than the old 1.4, although I went for 1.6 because I knew I'd regret it if I went for anything lower.

I have a 1.25 an it is perfectly adequate for me :)

+1 on that! Would love the 1.6 but insurance is against me!

At the end of the day it comes down to many factor's ie budget, distance you travel etc etc, i'm perfectly happy with my 1.25 (82) ;)

WRONG!

If you like a casual drive - 1.6 TiVCT

If you do motorway travel - 1.6 TiVCT

If you do town driving - 1.6 TiVCT

If you don't have enough to buy a 1.6 TiVCT - save up and get the 1.6 TiVCT

1.6 TiVCT

LOL.

WRONG!

1.6 TiVCT

LOL.

Now now! Not everyone can afford to spend loads of money on cars.

I have a 1.25 an it is perfectly adequate for me :)
At the end of the day it comes down to many factor's ie budget, distance you travel etc etc, i'm perfectly happy with my 1.25 (82) ;)

im also getting mine with a 1.25 82hp engine.

i think it will just do fine for me - on the performance side - but how does it sound?

does it sound like a small engine or does it have a bit of a roar to it?

im not expecting an 8 zylinder sound but i woudnt like it to sound like a nissan micra or sth like that :P

The first Mk7 I drove was a 1.25 - the dealer didn't have anything else to try! I was impressed by it, it certainly wasn't lacking poke.

As soon as I got in a 1.6 though I knew I had to have it - and I think the Mountune mods might find their way under my bonnet.

im also getting mine with a 1.25 82hp engine.

i think it will just do fine for me - on the performance side - but how does it sound?

does it sound like a small engine or does it have a bit of a roar to it?

im not expecting an 8 zylinder sound but i woudnt like it to sound like a nissan micra or sth like that :P

It sounds bigger than a 1.25 imo. A lot louder than my old 1.2 corsa.

Its def not a V8 :)

I am pleased I went for the 1.6. As I had test driven other cars with 1.4 in such as the new Seat Ibiza and found it very underwhelming.

But perhaps you should save up and get the 800 bhp fiesta that I posted in another thread. B)

WRONG!

1.6 TiVCT

LOL.

Some of us have to pay for our cars ourselves. Some of us are too young to have a 1.6!

It sounds bigger than a 1.25 imo. A lot louder than my old 1.2 corsa.

Its def not a V8 :)

nice to hear that :) thx

WRONG!

1.6 TiVCT

LOL.

There's nothing like a good dose a humility is there?

I had a 1.6 Astra and got a 1.4 Fiesta. My fiesta pulls away a lot faster than the Astra but that could be because its new. Plus I wanted the Automatic and the automatic doesnt come higher than 1.4 unfortunately. Anyhow it was good to pay a lower car tax than previous.

I tried the 1.2 style+ and it seemed to have more poke than my present 1.2 style (06). But I went for the 1.6S for the looks and the official MPG wasn't much different than the 1.2, I also liked the idea of extra power. Little bit worried as the price of petrol is shooting up and after reading some of the threads on here the official MPG might be little over exaggerated.

WRONG!

1.6 TiVCT

LOL.

hahahaha, very good Mr. JAR!

Some of us have to pay for our cars ourselves. Some of us are too young to have a 1.6!

poohbear!!! :( I'm getting a 1.6 and I am paying for it myself! And I'm probably about the same age as you!

Then again, I am buying my car with absolutely no view of selling it. At all. Ever. Chances are I'll still have this car in 6,7,8,9,10+ years time. For this reason I have gone to lengths to make sure that in the distant future, when I'm driving along in it, I wont be thinking "!Removed! hell Jon, why didn't you just fork out the cash!"

Hence why I went for a Titanium X with all the trimmings!

I know that some people on here change their car without fail, like clockwork, every 3,4,5 years, so I fully understand theres not much point adding on things to make the car more expensive, when your car is going to depreciate just as much as a car without the extras.

I'll probably never be able to afford another new car, as my life has a tendancy to go pear, every so often. Once I even had to live in my car for a month :o Just as well that if that ever happens again I'll have a nice, powerful, super-comfy, car :)

1.6 Its the way to go people!

I have a 1.4 and its no good going up small hills in fifth, so get the 1.6, especially if you carry passengers.

Have you tried the 1.4 TDCi?

It's not the best small Diesel I've ever had (no, that would have been the Fiat MultiJet in the 1.3 Corsa) but it is pretty good and it doesn't let little things like hills or extra passengers upset it. I would say if you are leaning towards the Titanium model (or any one with Cruise Control) it's THE small engine to have, for that reason.

Chris...

Can I ask what some of MPG your all getting from a 1.6 petrol ???

hi everyone, I went for the 1.6 Ti-VCT. It is quieter and smoother than my previous 1.8 mondeo but I am only getting about 29mpg :o

Can I ask what some of MPG your all getting from a 1.6 petrol ???

The trip computer reported 50MPG on a 70MPH Cruise Control trip down the M3 the other day. Round town it's more like 43.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club