Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grease Lightning Showroom Shine.

Jimmy D.

Hi all. Iv heard about this product recently and wondered have any of you used it? If so, is it as good as they make it out?

Thanks in advance chaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I used it on my previous car and yes it does work you get a really nice shine , however I dont use it on my fiesta simply because I use autoglym products just because I wanted to keep to one make, you can use showroom shine as a purely waterless wax but I'm not sure if I'd trust it on new paintwork, although I guess you could wash it in the usual way

I used it on my previous car and yes it does work you get a really nice shine , however I dont use it on my fiesta simply because I use autoglym products just because I wanted to keep to one make, you can use showroom shine as a purely waterless wax but I'm not sure if I'd trust it on new paintwork, although I guess you could wash it in the usual way

Thanks. I will wash the car first then apply this. Iv ordered the whole kit for cleaning the wheels and all the exterior blacks etc...hope it does a good job. :)

Potter, i ordered autoglym vinyl and rubber care also for my interior. Take it u use it?

Dont think I've got vinyl and rubber care I'll have to look out for it

I use Showroom Shine on mine all the time. Only if it's really, really filthy do I use water on it first. I love it. I also use the wheel cleaner and the tyre & plastics stuff as well from Greased Lightning. I can't fault any of it, and I just love the shine that the car has afterwards. Much easier than hauling out the buckets, sponges and hose. Drier too !

Only problem I had was if you leave it on black trim it's hard to get off

Only problem I had was if you leave it on black trim it's hard to get off

Yip ! Difficult to miss the black trim as we seem to have permawind here in Aberdeen !!!! The wind direction determines what end of the car I start from !!!! I'm going to have to find a solution to the black trim not being very black i'm afraid, so any hints would be welcomed !!!!

Hi Guys

Newbie here, just a got a st150.

Anyhow Im told to remove residue from black on cars you rub with a brazil nut, no not joking.

Havent tried yet myself but might be worth a try.

Hi Guys

Newbie here, just a got a st150.

Anyhow Im told to remove residue from black on cars you rub with a brazil nut, no not joking.

Havent tried yet myself but might be worth a try.

Interesting. I'll have to give that a try, thanks. If it doesn't work then at least I will have a snack waiting, and they are good for you too, so that's a bonus !!

Use an erazer and/or methylated spirits, it will remove the wax not cover it up so it will reappear.

Think you can spray it directly onto the cloth but the idea is that you apply it directly to the bodywork and it lifts all the grit and dirt so it doesn't scratch the paintwork when you wipe it off , however if you wash the car first I guess that wont matter.

Yep, just spray directly on to the car. It should come out in a fine mist and not a stream, you are trying to cover as much surface area as possible so it "encapsulates" (good word eh ??) the dirt so that it just wipes off with the cloth and doesn't scratch. Make sure you have a decent microfibre cloth for the buffing tho. I had one that just wouldn't work, changed it to a good quality one and the difference was amazing. I love Showroom Shine !!! You don't need a huge amount of it tho, but it's easy to use too much. You'll get the hang of how much to use the more you do it.

I'll also take on board about the methylated spirits for the trims as well, thanks.

Potter, i ordered autoglym vinyl and rubber care also for my interior. Take it u use it?

OC

Don't use it on your dash it's horrible leaves streaking etc if you want an autoglym product for interior buy hi foaming interior shampoo works on everything from the dash to the seats and carpets and rubbers

Don't use it on your dash it's horrible leaves streaking etc if you want an autoglym product for interior buy hi foaming interior shampoo works on everything from the dash to the seats and carpets and rubbers

Im planning on doing the car tomorrow in and out. Now im abit reluctant to use the autoglym interior kit. Bummer. Il have a go and put a little on and take it from there. I want the car looking really clean and tidy with all blacks looking black and the bodywork shining!! Any good suggestions for the inside windows??

Im planning on doing the car tomorrow in and out. Now im abit reluctant to use the autoglym interior kit. Bummer. Il have a go and put a little on and take it from there. I want the car looking really clean and tidy with all blacks looking black and the bodywork shining!! Any good suggestions for the inside windows??

How did you get on, or did the weather turn?

How did you get on, or did the weather turn?

Hi, yes i got the majority of it done. The showroom shine stuff is brilliant!! Does what it says on the tin. Easy on and off. Only downside is, it goes everywhere. But i was spraying it all over the show. Might be better to spray on the microfibre cloth and apply instead of directly on bodywork, so it doesnt get all over the black trim. The brilliant black they sell is poor though. It didnt really bring the blacks up. But the showroom shine is defo the business. Recommend it.

A lot of these back to black type things are usually a bit pants - that's a technical term I think - certainly on trim. How did it do on the tyres though, if you tried that?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

A lot of these back to black type things are usually a bit pants - that's a technical term I think - certainly on trim. How did it do on the tyres though, if you tried that?

Crap mate if honest. Only the showroom shine id recommend. Altho i washed my car before i applied it. It still took me a few hours to do. But its done now and looking sharp. :)

That's a shame. Could do with a decent tyre black and an alloy cleaner. I'm guessing if the black is crap, that one minute wheels might be too.

edit: Not brave enough to try it on a dirty car yet? :)

(As a completely unrelated side note: in the quoted text the profile pic I'm seeing is my old car - silver - but on my main posts I'm seeing my current one - blue. Anyone else seeing it this way? And if so, anyone know why that'd happen?)

My son is a trained detailer and I've just ordered the greased lightening kit. He said he'd do the car first for me to make sure it's ok... Any issues will be reported on here.

• Like 1

Ideal world used to sell greased lightning but now they seem to have switched to Williams f1 cleaning products they also do a waterless cleaner/polish , not tried it myself but it does the same job as showroom shine

Just used the showroom shine tonight. Half an hour later, the car is pretty as a picture. It is really good and really easy.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club