Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wax & Polish No White Residue?

BigRog

As title guys, anyone suggest a polish and/or a wax that leaves no trace on black plastic and rubber. I have just spent 3 hours with an erazer taking the residue off after using "FinishKare 1000P". Your input will be much appreciated.

Autobrite Cherry Glaze polish for me

Meguires liquid wax is supposed to leave no white residue! I haven't tried it yet but check out their YouTube videos

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

As title guys, anyone suggest a polish and/or a wax that leaves no trace on black plastic and rubber. I have just spent 3 hours with an erazer taking the residue off after using "FinishKare 1000P". Your input will be much appreciated.

Autoglym's bumber gel gets rid of it no probs. Have you tried that instead of the eraser?

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Tried loads of stuff Kris, ended up using a "helix" rubber/erazer from asda 80p for 2, excellent I must say, it actually gets rid of the wax rather than masking it, also methylated spirits is brilliant, meths is the easiest to use as you can imagine, just rub it on and wipe off, the rubber leaves a mess but is equally good, when I say mess I mean it gets in all the grooves.

I used to have this problem on my corsa, i used to use peanut butter! It brings black trim up like new and you can also snack while you work! Make sure its smooth peanut butter tho!

Sent from my ST25i

• Like 1

Thanx guys, after reading a few reviews here and there, I have decided to try the Autobrite Cherry Glaze, once again thanx for your responses.

Cherry glaze is an AIO (all in one product) which means that it contains wax, but I recommend you to use additional sealant/wax over it if you want extended longevity.

Thanx for that, any recommendations please? Preferably one that doesn't leave any residue.

Meguires liquid wax is supposed to leave no white residue! I haven't tried it yet but check out their YouTube videos

It will be easier to recommend a sealant/wax if you could tell your budget.

In addition, in my honest opinion, AF Tripple and Prima Amigo are far better AIO than Cherry Glaze.

I have the FinishKare 1000P on the car now as it's sealant, the reason I asked was that I didn't want to go through again what I've just had to do with the black trim covered in white residue. This cherry glaze will be a top up if you like, as for budget, if its good I don't mind paying, I'm a firm believer in if you buy cheap you buy twice. What about this Autoglym HD wax, does that leave residue? would it be ok to put on top of the cherry glaze?

Okay...

Firstly, If I were you, I wouldn't bother with another sealant if I already had FK1000p. It is a great last stage protection product that gives incredible durability and decent shine.

Secondly, I used to use FK1000p in the past on my Focus and I had had issues with white residues on the trim if I only let it too long to cure on the trim. So, may be you have to reconsider your application method as I could see from your avatar your car don't have more trim/rubber than mine. What did you use to apply the wax? I am pretty sure if you don't get too close to the window rubbers and door trims or if you wipe off the residue immediately, you won't have any problems.

Don't use cherry glaze over a wax or sealant as a top. It contains cleaners which will wipe off any previous layers of wax/sealant. Always apply in this order: AIO (Cherry Glaze) -> Wax/Sealant (FK1000p).

• Like 1

First of all thank you for your time explaining all this to me. I used an applicator to apply the wax, I think what I will do is apply the cherry glaze over the top when it comes then re-apply the 100p. The finish isn't as good as I would like so like I say I will do it again.

use the cherry glaze on a clean blanket if you will. then re-apply the 100p.... i use a couple of auto glym hand applicator's http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-PPARED4-Perfect-Palm-Applicator/dp/B002BETXS8 and it works fine, easily washable etc....

So, dodo lime juice followed by cherry glaze then the 100p.

cheers guys for all your help.

I know what your going through Roger. Did mine last weekend and the white marks have appeared through the bumper care as it has washed off in the rain. Have tried the eraser thing and despite working takes so much time. Guess the best option will be to very careful applying the polish and wax in future.

Anyone know if white spirit works? Only wondering as I have loads in the garage.

I read somewhere if using white spirit water it down 1:1

I used meths after the erazer just to make sure I got rid of it. Good luck :)

I just used veg oil to get rid of the residue on my trim, car has been washed three times since and the white hasn't come back.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club