WazzaJB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Warren
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus MK2 1.6 Diesel Zetec TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hi all,

I currently own a 1.6 Diesel MK2 Ford Focus that I absolutely love, unfortunately my desire to buy a capri has now become overwhelming so i'm going for it!

I am looking at a MK3 2.0, it has failed it's last MOT on the following points (As listed by the seller):

- Fuel lines at front and rear are insecure( just need p clipping to chassis)
- Small fuel leak from fuel sender and carb (I have a carb gasket kit to sort out the carb)

- Exhaust gasses are leaking from head.

The body seems in a condition with little/no rust and it has a grey recaro interior in mint condition. I am going to see it tomorrow night so will be able to provide more information regarding it's condition.

I am looking at paying around £1500 for this at the most, is this a fair estimation? Should I be willing to pay more, less?

Obviously the exhaust gasses are the main concern for me, and so long as it is not a cracked head I am in the belief I should be able to sort it? Should I be more concerned?

Am I looking at a world of pain here? Should I wait for something else to come around?

Thanks a lot for any advice, it really is appreciated! When I do get one (When being the operative word!) i'll be sure to keep everyone up on the progress.

Thanks again,
Warren
:driving:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Capri, MK3, Advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users