Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0T Ecoboost Hissing Noise.

paulyinthenorth

It's gotten a lot warmer recently, so I've been driving around with the windows open a lot more.

When the car's on boost over say 2500rpm there's quite a noticeable hissing sound. It's only audible outside the car, so I hadn't heard this till I started driving around with the windows open.

I presume this is something to do with the turbo....? The only other time I heard anything like this was in my old diesel focus when I had a split intercooler hose...

So my question is; do they all make this sound - or should I get my intercooler hoses looked at.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mine makes the same kind of sound when accelerating. Guess it's normal? Guys? :-D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

The noise is good :P Most people do upgrades to make it louder aha :P

I don't get any noise on mine :(

I like it. I mean, as long as it's supposed to be there.

Cold air induction kit would make it louder, yea?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is it the 125 bhp cause mine makes a slight hissing noise I just guessed it was the turbo spooling when not accelarating running at about 3000 rpm +

It should only be hissing when accelerating and as soon as you let off the Gas (pshhhtt noise), if it's hissing while idling i'd be worried.

But if your driving at a constant speed say 70 in gear 4 at 3000rpm the turbo is still spinning ?? So you would hear the hissing from the air bin sucked in even though your not accelarating

But if your driving at a constant speed say 70 in gear 4 at 3000rpm the turbo is still spinning ?? So you would hear the hissing from the air bin sucked in even though your not accelarating

Mine will only hiss when changing gear or letting off the throttle when accelerating. Its only a half second 'psshhht' noise.

The Turbo is always spinning as long as the engine is running, the more revs the more spool / Boost, hence what Lag is, too many exhaust fumes too quick it cannot spool quick enough, but you'll generally always hear the turbo with the window down when cruising.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club