Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Renewal Time - Taking The Mick?

Eddieboi

I'm an old git mate, 54 and counting. Good post code for West Yorkshire as well helps, oh and no other drivers. Looking forward to next renewal to see if I can get down near £200

Yeah I'm on an admiral multi car policy. Was supposed to get my 2nd ncb this month but they've ballsed up -_-

Bye bye ST

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

New business is what insurance companies like, brings in the ££. Renewals they hope they will catch you off guard and will let the auto renewal period lapse then your stuck for another year.

Always search around. My renewal with Esure and mods came in at nearly £700. I got a new quote from brentacre all mods declared, in fact they dont care what you do as long as it doesn't affect the BHP etc, £550 and that's in an insurance hotspot.

To rub salt in the wounds even more, my mum, is 62, 0 NCB and lives just down the road in Croydon, was quoted £150 for a 2.0 BMW 5 serie she just bought herself. Makes my blood boil lolol, bless her

they really do juggle numbers and then throw them at you, whichever you catch you pay...

I may try stay with admiral come.the next renewal in 10 months.

I know with them that I can ring them and get them to give me a better quote.

When the renewal came up for my old corsa they where only like 50 more than the cheapest quote I could get with almost the same extras I had.

Right now I'm unemployed but I should hopefully touch wood be offered an apprenticeship. So I believe that will bring my new policy down. (£747 with extras like hire car, key fob and injury with unemployed stated and my dad on there as secondary driver).

When I did quotes saying I was employed was like about £200-300 cheaper than quoting unemployed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

I must admit, Admiral generally speaking are very good. Even through my accident, I still managed to get a good behaviour out of them, although the only niggle I do have is that when the solicitors want something, they drop me a letter, I reply and I dont hear anything till next time. It would be nice if they would offer updates on their investigations...

Otherwise though, I could always get them (except last year) to better the quote (5 or 6 years in a row) by a very good chunk. In most years, I got them to beat their own renewal by the best part of £150, which was about £100 cheaper than my, erm, not so "genuine" quote that I was offered by another insurer :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club