Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Help!!!

nick_1517

Hi

I have picked up my Ford Focus mk1 ghia and I am having a problem with the remote central locking. I replaced the battery in the fob as nothing was happening when pressing the buttons. Now when I press the lock button it only locks the back doors but then they immediately unlock again. If I lock the car and then press the unlock button it only unlocks the back doors and the boot release button works fine. It all locks perfectly manually. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Are you sure all the doors are correctly closed? Sounds like your centrol locking is working but you have issues with the front 2 doors. Make sure all the doors are closed. Do you hear any sounds?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

All the doors are closed and when locked from the drivers door with the key everything is fine. when using the remote locking It makes a locking sound and then an unlocking sound immediately after but nothing from the drivers side. Its sounds as if the back doors are locking and then unlocking but don't stay locked. Sorry if I have repeated myself but trying to give as much info as possible.

Cheers

So the issue would be drivers door. Passengers doors unlock if drivers door unlocks. You say using the key the doors lock. So you carnt have a issue with the locking mec in the doors. Try this. Open all the doors and press the lock key. Close all the door with enough force not OTT hulk mode but enought to make sure door is really closed. Place the interior light on doors. Then lock using remote but keep eye on the light. If it goes out then come back on it maybe your key unlocking the car again. Faulty key. But you seem to have some other issue.

Yeh locked it last night with the key and checked all the doors and they were all locked. I will give this a try and post the results.

Thanks for the help

"Place the interior light on doors." setting myself up to sound like an idiot but im guessing you mean the central lights above rear view mirror?

Yes sorry. Writing on my phone makes me a bit lazy. Take no offence.

No prob

The MK1 has a tendency for water to get into the master central locking solenoid in the drivers door.

I had this on my old MK1 and the central locking would 'bounce' and often randomly lock/unlock whilst the engine was running.

Plenty of WD40 helped but ultimately a new drivers door module was needed.

I have tried what you suggested nazsky786 but unfortunately didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Try finding the module see if it water damaged. Dry it with a hair drier. But I own a mk2 so not sure where it is on a mk1

Update on this one. When unlocking the car, all doors will unlock apart from the drivers door. Sometimes all the doors apart from the drivers door will lock but only sometimes. I will try what you have suggested and thanks for that