Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Upgrade

M.I.R

Hi all....looking for some feedback...I've got a 2009 Zetec S with standed head unit and front Speakers,and I would like to upgrade the Speakers and also add a couple in the back.

I have no fader control in the audio menu which seems odd... some people say it will automatically appear when rear Speakers are added,and some people say I have to have a software update..Ive even phoned 3 Ford dealers and not getting a direct answer.

All I want is to upgrade the speakers to improve the quality of sound,nothing too ear bashing ..maybe add a small sub under the passenger seat ,and have fader control...

Fader control will be set to the head unit, adding speaker won't make a programme magically appear.

Do you have blank speaker mounts in the back, if so check there are wires there because if they are not you'll need to take the head unit out and wire them in all the way to the back.

Alpine, JBL and Rockford Speakers are pretty good, but you should ideally change all 4 of them so you don't have good clarity at the back and poor factory Speakers at the front.

Underseat subs are pants too, if you want a sub put a small 10" in the boot, where it belongs, they produce more than enough punch for a Fiesta.

Thanks for replying Mat..I have just the blank mounts in the back and have been advised on the work needed to fit them..with no fader,I'm just trying to decide wither to add the rear Speakers or just upgrade the front set and add a sub..

Depends on how much you want to spend really, with a sub you need an amp and wiring kit and they aren't good for the radio as they get really boomy and hard to listen to at low levels, so it's either ear killing loudness or nothing really, Personally I'd go with 4 decent Speakers. is the Headunit a built in one or do you have the MK6? hard to tell by the year.

Its a MK7 ,a built in one..I have about 400 to spend and to be honest mate,Im not looking for anything fancy or loud..just an upgrade to improve the quality of sound..thats why a small sub under the seat would do me I think,just to take the strain off the main Speakers..but as you can tell its been a while since Ive upgraded a system

Go with 4 Speakers, Rockford do a brilliant set for £90odd a pair and the sound quality cannot be beaten.

Subs are always loud ime, hard to escape the thump at times, generally all the cheap ones do is thump and nothing else, the flatter under seat ones don't move a great deal of air and the drivers and cones are very small, so have a very limited sound range.

Ok mate..thanks for the advice.

Maybe I'll just get the 4 Speakers then..I wont have much control without the fader,but should still sound like I would like it..

Do you have a link to the Speakers you recommend ?

funnily enough Google Chrome saves All!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/power-t152-5-25-2-way-full-range-speakers

Unsure of the fit but they'll be very good. nice and chunky and good materials too.

Effectively without the fader it'll be set at 25% per speaker so should be fine.

Mat your a star mate....thanks for the advice and info....Cheers mate!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club