Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crankshaft Position Sensory (P0335)

keysersoze87

Hi.

Had a little problem this morning. First the RPM dial was intermittent. Reading 0 then shooting up to 3,000, eventually stopped after a while and worked on for the rest of the day. Then on my way home from work the engine light came on. Pulled over and started up torque pro with my OBD2 connector and got a p0335 error code. The car was running absolutely fine, cleared the code and fingers crossed it won't come back!!!

Now. My question.....does the crankshaft position sensor sit on the same wiring loom as the RPM dial? my thinking is yes I could have a dodgy sensor but I could also have a dodgy wire/connector , tried scouting the sensor to test but could not find it (1.6 sport 2006)?

Anybody seen these two problems? Engine not misfiring and behaving..,......so far. But I sense trouble ahead :(

Any replies much appreciated. Had a quick check for duplicate posts but found none.

Cheers.

Not an automotive technician myself but maybe this will help with your diagnosis...

Crankshaft position sensor I believe sits on the timing belt side of the engine (it is on my 1.6tdci anyway).

Thanks will take a look

That dude just hurt my head lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club