Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Amp Alternator For Focus 1.8 Tdci

Drich290195

So my alternator went last night it was like Apollo 13 on the drive home. What amp alternator do i need. Its a 1.8 TDCI 56 plate and has aircon. Im seeing different alternators some 105 Amp some 150 and 120. Which one do i need guys. Thanks for your help.

I replaced a 2006 1.8tdci alternator not so long ago, genuine ford one I removed was 105amp. Worth checking the sticker on it if your not sure

Which alternator is installed at the factory partly depends on the options of the car. A car with a lot of power consuming options has a more powerful alternator than a car without those options. The part number and power rating of the alternator should be listed on a decal on the alternator. If this decal is missing the power of the alternator can be determined by reading the configuration data of the PCM. This can be done with an ELM327 interface and the ELMconfig software.

If an alternator with a different power rating is installed the configuration of the PCM must be changed. The alternator of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is fully controlled by the PCM. The PCM needs to know the power rating of the alternator for optimal control of the alternator.

• Like 1

I replaced a 2006 1.8tdci alternator not so long ago, genuine ford one I removed was 105amp. Worth checking the sticker on it if your not sure

Thanks mate that's the one ford said I needed did yours have aircon does that make a difference with the brackets or just the amps

just checked, mines rated at 150amp

I've just found a used but working 105 amp alternator in the shed. It was replaced but it turned out to be an ecu fault and not the alternator..

it could be the Ford smart charge system playing up and not the alternator itself, if you unplug the connector on the top of the alternator and the voltage shoots up to around 14v, then its likely to be that.

• 3 years later...

Interesting as I'm having alternator problems, replaced with a new 90Amp to 90Amp unit, o.k until I have front and rear heated windows switched on then battery light comes on, volts drop to 11volts and it automatically switches the front one off.

I'm thinking of putting a 120Amp unit on.

On a mk1.5 1.8TDCi Ghia.

What brand of alternator did you fit? Please tell me not an RTX lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club