Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Problem. Help!!!

nick_1517

Was driving into work today which is just over a mile from home and as I pulled into the car park the engine just cut out and the engine light came on, the oil light came on and the explanation mark came on also. I turned the car completely off and then started it again without a problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Also the lights had gone off after turning car back on

I presume you mean the warning lights turned off?

It could be anything but right now its hard to say....

How has the car been driving? does it skip a beat, moan and whinge a lot, drive lumpy, high revs etc?

It could be anything but without more info its impossible to say definately...

What exactly happened as you pulled up?

So its an automatic and has been driving fine. yeh after I turned the car back on the warning lights went off and it was driving normally again. i pulled up behind a car and it wasn't an immediate cut out it just slowly cut out but wasn't sudden. doesn't ever moan i was told it happened once before and could possibly have something to do with the radiator. have u heard of that happening because of a radiator problem?

Theres a number of things it could be, bad stat, bad radiator, blocked pipes, or something coimpletely different (CAM Sensor for example).

It sounds more like an intermittent sensor reading to me, I would suggest you disconnect the cables from the thermostat and reconnect, also get the engine nice and hot and feel the top and bottom rad pipe, see if the temperature differs greatly. Alternatively make sure that the fan kicks in and works correctly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club