1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zakery

fiesta wont select gear, anyone with experience?

3 posts in this topic

alright im new to this forum. what it is i jumped in my car other month started engine went to select gear and just felt car move forward as if the clutch isnt connecting properly, i changed the clutch master cylinder and bled the system.after this it was working fine until just now, would you suggest i re bleed the clutch? or has anyone else found that it was actually the clutch. i think it might just be a hydraulic fault. any advice would be much appreciated. cheers! zak

alright im new to this forum. what it is i jumped in my car other month started engine went to select gear and just felt car move forward as if the clutch isnt connecting properly, i changed the clutch master cylinder and bled the system.after this it was working fine until just now, would you suggest i re bleed the clutch? or has anyone else found that it was actually the clutch. i think it might just be a hydraulic fault. any advice would be much appreciated. cheers! zak

Hi there! Ive had a similar problem with a Fiesta 1.4 Ghia X. I started the car and with the car in gear but the clutch dipped, it races off the street! I fixed it by simply topping up the clutch fluid, it seemed to stop the problem as there was a leak in the system. Hope that helps, even slightly!

Hey

the same sortof thing happened it me my car just wouldnt work so i done pretty much the same. bled it and change the cylinder it worked for a while but went again so i got a new clutch and seems to have solved the problem :)