Show
Photo
- - - - -

fiesta wont select gear, anyone with experience?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zakery

zakery

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.4 w reg
Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:43 PM

alright im new to this forum. what it is i jumped in my car other month started engine went to select gear and just felt car move forward as if the clutch isnt connecting properly, i changed the clutch master cylinder and bled the system.after this it was working fine until just now, would you suggest i re bleed the clutch? or has anyone else found that it was actually the clutch. i think it might just be a hydraulic fault. any advice would be much appreciated. cheers! zak

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ShortyStu1987

ShortyStu1987

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.25 Finesse
Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:35 AM

alright im new to this forum. what it is i jumped in my car other month started engine went to select gear and just felt car move forward as if the clutch isnt connecting properly, i changed the clutch master cylinder and bled the system.after this it was working fine until just now, would you suggest i re bleed the clutch? or has anyone else found that it was actually the clutch. i think it might just be a hydraulic fault. any advice would be much appreciated. cheers! zak

Hi there! Ive had a similar problem with a Fiesta 1.4 Ghia X. I started the car and with the car in gear but the clutch dipped, it races off the street! I fixed it by simply topping up the clutch fluid, it seemed to stop the problem as there was a leak in the system. Hope that helps, even slightly!

#3 Mamf :)

Mamf :)

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk4
Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

Hey
the same sortof thing happened it me my car just wouldnt work so i done pretty much the same. bled it and change the cylinder it worked for a while but went again so i got a new clutch and seems to have solved the problem :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users