Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk7 Leather Handbrake

Focus_ST-3

I really want the leather handbrake as shown in the brochure as it would match the my illuminated gear knob and leather seats.

However, I have been to Ford Parts on several occasions who are still saying that it is not on the system.

It comes as part of Interior Packs 1 & 2 but when I ordered my Fiesta these options were not available.

Does anybody have the leather handbrake or know where I could get one?

I really want the leather handbrake as shown in the brochure as it would match the my illuminated gear knob and leather seats.

However, I have been to Ford Parts on several occasions who are still saying that it is not on the system.

It comes as part of Interior Packs 1 & 2 but when I ordered my Fiesta these options were not available.

Does anybody have the leather handbrake or know where I could get one?

Yeah I am also wanting to get the leather handbrake. Not as a matter or urgency but maybe over next couple of months. Will probably get that along with some mudflaps. New fiesta should arrive within the week, so I may ask then to find out whats up with it. Am fairly certain it will be available.

If the interior packs weren't available when you ordered, then I take it that you are getting the illuminated knob as a dealer-fit accessory? How much did they charge you for it, might consider getting it myself... plus, if the knob was available then surely the handbrake was available too?

How much is the leather handbrake? And don't the Zetec S get the leather gear stick as my zetec does?

If the interior packs weren't available when you ordered, then I take it that you are getting the illuminated knob as a dealer-fit accessory? How much did they charge you for it, might consider getting it myself... plus, if the knob was available then surely the handbrake was available too?

I bought the illuminated gearknob for £60 and fitted it myself. However, the required plug for the gear knob, which was shown on the instruction manual, was not there. I had to connect it to the headlight levelling fuse and earth it. This means that it is on all the time when the ignition is on. The non-illuminated version of the same gear knob only costs £30, so that is probably what I would go for now.

I buy my parts from Quicko Parts and they could not source one, so I might try my Ford dealer.

How much is the leather handbrake? And don't the Zetec S get the leather gear stick as my zetec does?

No idea how much the leather handbrake costs but since it is a genuine Ford item they will prbably bump the price up :lol:

The Zetec S does not have a leather gearknob or ambient lighting. I thought that the zetec s leather pack would have included a leather gear knob!

I bought the illuminated gearknob for £60 and fitted it myself. However, the required plug for the gear knob, which was shown on the instruction manual, was not there. I had to connect it to the headlight levelling fuse and earth it. This means that it is on all the time when the ignition is on. The non-illuminated version of the same gear knob only costs £30, so that is probably what I would go for now.

I buy my parts from Quicko Parts and they could not source one, so I might try my Ford dealer.

Cheers mate, is price the only reason why you would get the non-illuminated version, or is the illuminated one not very good?

Cheers mate, is price the only reason why you would get the non-illuminated version, or is the illuminated one not very good?

The illunminated gear knob looks very good if you can get it to work. It is far superior to the plastic one which came with the car but I dont know if it justifies £60 though!

It took quite long to fit as you have to remove two plastic panels and the glovebox.

The illunminated gear knob looks very good if you can get it to work. It is far superior to the plastic one which came with the car but I dont know if it justifies £60 though!

It took quite long to fit as you have to remove two plastic panels and the glovebox.

Thanks for the reply :)

Think I will stick with the gear knob in the titanium, might still get the leather handbrake unless the titaniums come with that as standard - does anybody know if it does?

• 1 year later...

Can you post the picture of the instructions for the illuminated gear knob. Aparently it plugs in behind the cig lighter?

You have to wire it to the gem module under / behind the glovebox

You have to wire it to the gem module under / behind the glovebox

Seems to be relatively complicated...

Does it really for a few hours of darkness? :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club