Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing 6000 CD from MK3 Focus

Davenobby228

Hi all

New to this and just bought a Focus TDCi 1800 Zetec and am amazed at the performance v's economy. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I took some toys out of my old car and want to put them in the new one, mainly a hands free kit. Can anyone tell me how to remove the stereo to get to the wiring? I know you need release keys but there is a silver strip surrounding the unit itself and not sure if the holes for the keys are behind this or if Im barking up the wrong tree. :blink:

Any assistance would be appreciated. :P

Hi all

New to this and just bought a Focus TDCi 1800 Zetec and am amazed at the performance v's economy. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I took some toys out of my old car and want to put them in the new one, mainly a hands free kit. Can anyone tell me how to remove the stereo to get to the wiring? I know you need release keys but there is a silver strip surrounding the unit itself and not sure if the holes for the keys are behind this or if Im barking up the wrong tree. :blink:

Any assistance would be appreciated. :P

There should be 4 small slits on the front of the stereo itself, you put the keys through there and push them slightly to one side and it releases the radio, sometimes they are a bit tough to pull out though so persavere.

There should be 4 small slits on the front of the stereo itself, you put the keys through there and push them slightly to one side and it releases the radio, sometimes they are a bit tough to pull out though so persavere.

There are not visable holes to place any release keys on this model, just a silver strip which surrounds the stereo itself. Any ideas?

There are not visable holes to place any release keys on this model, just a silver strip which surrounds the stereo itself. Any ideas?

can you get a picture up ;)

post-6582-1244546557.jpg

can you get a picture up ;)

Here is an Identicial one (apart from the aircon underneath).

Do I need to remove the dashboard surrounding the stereo and ventilation to get to the stereo?

post-6582-1244546557.jpg

Here is an Identicial one (apart from the aircon underneath).

Do I need to remove the dashboard surrounding the stereo and ventilation to get to the stereo?

have a look at top and bottom for small cut outs

cant say i come across this one yet

ithink its removed with a flat key

Just found this on flebay

by the look of this picture the locking is on the two side

so i think that crome ring must come out some way

there nothing else showing on it have a good look around that crome ring

hope this helps.

or dose the front panel come out some way

Just found this on flebay

by the look of this picture the locking is on the two side

so i think that crome ring must come out some way

there nothing else showing on it have a good look around that crome ring

hope this helps.

or dose the front panel come out some way

Thanks for all the info. No small holes for keys and cannot get strip off without causing damage to surrounding area (cannot be this difficult surely!!!).

I think the whole of the surrounding dashboard wrap round must come off and then the stereo bolts with be behind.

Will have a good look this week and let you know how I get on. :unsure:

Thanks again and wish me luck

• 2 years later...

I know this is old... but did you manage to get it out? if so how?

On the Mk 2.5 you need to just lever the surround off and there is 4 phillips screws holding the unit on.

Hi, I think you might have confused us by caling your car a Mk3 when it is a Mk2.5..

Chris

Can I just make a point.... That radio is NOT found in the MK3 (2012 Model)

Sure this guy doesn't mean MK2.5?