Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk4 instrument swap

holdawayt

hi everyone. my car (1999 mk4 fiesta) was fitted with the digital clocks that appear on the mk5 fiestas. this unit did not have a rev counter therefore i purchased a set of white digital clocks that did.

all went well whilst fitting them but when i gave it a test, the rev counter did not work. (this is the only reason i swapped the clocks in the first place!!)

anyway i know there is power going to the unit because;

1) the clocks work perfectly except for the tachometer

2) when i initially fitted the clocks and powered them up they performed a self test. this showed that the rev counter was functioning as it rose to 8000 rpm then dropped back down.

i can't understand why the rev counter isn't working in my car.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

the old clocks and some other (analogue) white clocks with rev counter are for sale.

pm me if you're interested.

thanks, Tom

hi everyone. my car (1999 mk4 fiesta) was fitted with the digital clocks that appear on the mk5 fiestas. this unit did not have a rev counter therefore i purchased a set of white digital clocks that did.

all went well whilst fitting them but when i gave it a test, the rev counter did not work. (this is the only reason i swapped the clocks in the first place!!)

anyway i know there is power going to the unit because;

1) the clocks work perfectly except for the tachometer

2) when i initially fitted the clocks and powered them up they performed a self test. this showed that the rev counter was functioning as it rose to 8000 rpm then dropped back down.

i can't understand why the rev counter isn't working in my car.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

the old clocks and some other (analogue) white clocks with rev counter are for sale.

pm me if you're interested.

thanks, Tom

i fancy doing this mod to my 2001 flight diesel ,so i ll keep an eye on your post to se what comes up , did you buy them second hand , and was this the reason they werre sold maybe ? cheers swampduck <_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club