Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Alloy Questions

Mental_Atom

Hey everyone!

I'm thinking of buying a Zetec S in a few months, does anyone have any pics of it with the standard 16" alloys?

Also, the 17" alloys do look nicer, do they affect ride particularly? I know larger alloys can make it a bit bumpier.

Matt

Sent from my One X+ using Ford OC mobile app

They're not back breaking, but you know when you've hit a pothole put it that way. I'd say the ride was firm on my S1600 and the alloys themselves are pretty weak. There's been plenty of horror stories and I suffered a buckled alloy myself, despite hitting much worse potholes in previous cars with no damage.

• Like 1

Here's mine with the standard 16" alloys.

Even on these I feel potholes more than other cars, so I wouldn't worry too much about a difference in ride.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Ford OC mobile app

post-53233-140178545448_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's mine with the standard 16" alloys.

Even on these I feel potholes more than other cars, so I wouldn't worry too much about a difference in ride.

Ah, thanks for the pic. That's the first ZS I've seen that doesn't have the 17's!

Looks great even without the 17" though :)

I'll wait and see if I can get some more opinions on ride with the 17s, but as ride doesn't sound too terrible it'll probably come down to budget in the end!

Anyone one else who feels like posting ZS pictures even with the 17" would be welcome too haha, when you're thinking of buying one can never see too many pictures!

Here's mine on 17's, the ride is fine unless your an old man..

post-44466-0-34530500-1401821218_thumb.j

• Like 1

I find the 17" fine, the alloys have improved over the years, I bent one of my titanium 16" with in a month on a pothole, but I've never had a problem on the 17.

There's quite a difference going from 16 to 17 as I did, it feels higher and better (to me anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'd say go for 17's if you can. Only reason I didn't are the very neglected lanes I drive down to get to work. Bent an alloy on my last car on the way home from work.

@mark t, think that may be more psychological than anything!

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated! Making me feel right at home with my first few posts :)

This is mine on 17"s (not standard).

Also has stiffer suspension, can't go over speed bumps at any more than 10mph and when I hit a pothole it feels like the car is going to fall apart lol but you get used to it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

post-43442-140186819733_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is mine on 17"s (not standard).

Also has stiffer suspension, can't go over speed bumps at any more than 10mph and when I hit a pothole it feels like the car is going to fall apart lol but you get used to it

Nice alloys! Like the colour scheme going on!

Do you mean that your suspension is stiffer than factory suspension I presume? Yeah, my current route to work includes a village with several speed bumps, so I think with a ZS a change of route might be in order (I have several possibles!)

To be honest, my current 97' fiesta is so bouncy over speed bumps/potholes it gets annoying, I think I'd rather have a firmer ride!

Thank you :)

Yeah I've got aftermarket springs on there!

Haha speed bumps are doable, just not amazing!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club