4 replies to this topic

#1 Timbo

Timbo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo LX 1.8
Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hi, no-one has replied to my previous post re: changing the inner lenses on a mondeo headlamp. this is really urgent now, so i would appreciate any help. I can see four metal clips holding the two halves of the headlight together, does anyone know if there are more than this? any other info would be great. Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,937 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

i would imagine there is a seal between those otherwise condensation would set in.

you need to take unit out and somehow try and heat the seal to get it apart.

#3 Timbo

Timbo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo LX 1.8
Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

i would imagine there is a seal between those otherwise condensation would set in.

you need to take unit out and somehow try and heat the seal to get it apart.

There is a loose rubber seal between the two halves. as i have seen a quote somewhere (i wish i could remember where! ) that both lenses could be changed in a maximum of 30 minutes, then i'm pretty sure that the headlight units weren't removed from the car. thanks anyway.

#4 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,937 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

i would think there are clips all round the headlight so they may need to come out.

#5 cossiedave

cossiedave

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo v6 2001 Estate

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

Hi, no-one has replied to my previous post re: changing the inner lenses on a mondeo headlamp. this is really urgent now, so i would appreciate any help. I can see four metal clips holding the two halves of the headlight together, does anyone know if there are more than this? any other info would be great. Thanks!

Hi when I changed mine on my 1994 mondeo there were 5 clips but if you have small hands if you just release the top 2 and 1 from the outside edge you can carefully pull the glass forward and get to the inner lens took me app 5mins a side be carefull

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users