Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights

Paisleyjim

Hi guys just a quick question. I bought a pair of daylight running lights they have a red and black wire obv the positive and the neg. could I wire them right into the lights 12v power supply or will I need to find some other way of doing this ..cheers

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

The correct way is to wire them into a relay. You would need one such as this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-Relay-Harness-Auto-Car-Control-On-Off-Switch-12V-A014-/270929531647?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f14a892ff

You basically put the negative to the battery, positive I fusetapped off the engine sensors from the aux fuse box, then wire the sidelight wire into the sidelights connector / wire.

Then when the engine sensors are active (with key in) the LED's come on, if the power gets to the sidelight, this then cuts over the relay and stops the power getting to the DRL's thus switching them off.

• Like 1

Nice one need to order this cheers mate

• Like 1

no worries, really simple to install :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how to wire up fog lights ?

• Like 1

Anyone know how to wire up fog lights ?

loom plugs should be taped up behind the bumpwr ready to plug in to fog bulbs,

Just need to fit fuse to fog light socket in the fuse board and upgrade the lighting control switch enabling switch on/off of front fogs,

Ford sell a kit consists of fog light units, surrounds and interior switch.

That easy lol. Had the headlight unit out today was gonna wire it up to my side lights but thought it be a bad idea does it matter about the switch unit u use to turn lights on/off ?

• Like 1

Sorry mate saw u answers my question bout the on/off switch

• Like 1

That easy lol. Had the headlight unit out today was gonna wire it up to my side lights but thought it be a bad idea does it matter about the switch unit u use to turn lights on/off ?

if your focus was a 2005 build there is a chance the fog light loom is not present by default, in which case you will require this:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_front_fog_lamps_wiring_loom_f_1599361.htm

Ford later began fitting the same loom to all models then fitting the spec afterwards making it easy to upgrade, this is also the reason they sell the loom separate to the actual fog light kit itself,

If you remove the headlight and have a look around the area below the headlight and behind the fog light blank you should see a loom plug taped up.

Sorry mate saw u answers my question bout the on/off switch

no prob mate,

Heres a link to purchase the kit,

Or write down the part number Finis 1512477 and purchase from your local dealer

ive found fordpartsuk.com to be cheaper though,

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_fog_lamp_kit_rhd_f_1512477.htm

Your existing light switch unit also has some eBay resale value worth bearing in mind. :)

• Like 1

no prob mate,

Heres a link to purchase the kit,

Or write down the part number Finis 1512477 and purchase from your local dealer

ive found fordpartsuk.com to be cheaper though,

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_fog_lamp_kit_rhd_f_1512477.htm

Your existing light switch unit also has some ebay resale value worth bearing in mind. :)

thanks for your help much appreciated

• Like 1

I have bought the fog lights of eBay. So do I need the control switch and just plug and play so to speak

• Like 1

I have bought the fog lights of eBay. So do I need the control switch and just plug and play so to speak

If you're focus was a 2005 build there is a chance the fog light loom is not present by default, in which case you will require this:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_front_fog_lamps_wiring_loom_f_1599361.htm

Ford later began fitting the same loom to all models then fitting the spec afterwards making it easy to upgrade, this is also the reason they sell the loom separate to the actual fog light kit itself,

If you remove the headlight and have a look around the area below the headlight and behind the fog light blank you should see a loom plug taped up.

If the loom s present then all you need is a fuse and the different interior switch also available from eBay.

I had the headlight off today and the panel where u fit the fogs. Never saw the loom but I will take ur word :D

• Like 1

I had the headlight off today and the panel where u fit the fogs. Never saw the loom but I will take ur word :D

the loom may not be there on early mk2 models, but if you require the loom i have linked it in above posts,

When purchasing the replacement light switch there's two things you need to check,

1. Ensure it doesn't say "AUTO" because you dont have auto lighting this option on the switch will cause you to fail MOT because it does nothing on your car.

2. Ensure the unit your purchasing wasn't removed from a Mk3 Mondeo

Because although it looks identical to the one in the Mk2 and Mk2.5 focus its not, http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.gif

its wider than the one in the mk2 and mk2.5 focus by over 1 inch,

I had one purchased in error :rolleyes: it connected to the loom and it did operate everything no problem, i didn't realise the size problem until i went to push it in to the dash http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif i was after fitting it to the loom plug and tested all the features worked so i went to push it in to place and it was too big for the slot,

so it is possible but you need the correct width of unit. best advise if buying on eBay would be to ask the seller to measure the width of the unit, then compare to the one you have in the focus, its a struggle to get a unit that has light levelling wheel, front fogs, and no auto light feature.

the one i had from the mondeo was 1 inch wider than the focus one.

now to remove the control unit,

if yo look at the panel below the control unit you will see a pocket with the diagnostic socket in it and above the socket is a T25 Screw,

remove this screw then lift the rubber strip from the section of panel where it meets the door of the car,

then pull the panel toward the driver seat, straight out not up or down just straight.

once removed you can put your hand up to the light control unit,

it has a large clip top and bottom spanning the width of itself,

squeeze both clips down on to the unit and push towards the driver seat, it will then pop out,

just remove the loom plug and connect the new unit mate. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.gif

Image1199-1.jpg

LightingSwitchMk3XenonAutoLightsFrFogsPa

I have a guide to swapping the light switch linked under this post when viewed on a PC. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Nice one. Il get on it soon thanks bud

• Like 1

We aim to please :d

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Will get on it the first dry day we get lol

• Like 1

Hey guys sorry to be a pain. I can't seem to find those wires that are taped up I think my car is a early mk2. How can I tell if my car is a mk2 or 2.5 focus

Hey guys sorry to be a pain. I can't seem to find those wires that are taped up I think my car is a early mk2. How can I tell if my car is a mk2 or 2.5 focus

no pains on here mate,

Mk2 is your shape focus 2005-2008

Mk2.5 is facelift my shape 2008-2011

Same chassis in both models just different panels,

Seems you will need to purchase the loom i linked from ford on here in a previous post mate,

here it is: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_mk2_front_fog_lamps_wiring_loom_f_1599361.htm

Ahh cool thanks ..was hoping the wires where there so I wouldn't need to faff about but needs must I suppose

• Like 1

Ahh cool thanks ..was hoping the wires where there so I wouldn't need to faff about but needs must I suppose

sorry mate it really is a lottery on them some have and some dont,

Really makes you wonder when there all the same price to purchase how ford see value in fitting full looms to some and limited looms to others,

have you paid too much?

Or

Has the guy with the loom and no fogs paid too little?

Yeh I know makes u wonder. I had the wire in the boot to use as a extra 12v I think ford must be paying pennies for looms that are made in some sweat shop lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club