Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I fit an extra airbag??

dubroc

Hello everyone.

Can anybody tell me whether I can fit a passenger airbag on a 2000 Focus TDI issued with a single driver's airbag? Does the vehicle come pre-wired for a second airbag? Will it be a headache to fit? :unsure: I'm in the process of replacing a faulty airbag module, and thought I'd go an extra step and fit the passenger one.

Any ideas and help in this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Jeff

No the airbag module is set to fire in a specific charge , it is designed for the amount of airbagsfitted to the vehicle, fitting additional circuits will vary the resistance in the electrical loom and delay the firing time ! the dash will not have a soft spot for the bag to rupture ! Remember airbags in effect are mini bombs and shout not be tampered/modified or added !

Thanks for your reply, but how about fitting a module that was removed from a car that had two airbags? Will it do the trick?

On the other hand, I do beleive that a passenger airbag might fit if I were to remove the dash tray, am I correct here?

I know this wont help you but... Never attempt anything at all, what so ever, with airbags. ever.

Only thing that should ever be done with airbags it replacing ones that have been deployed. In my opinion thats a task that should only be undertaken by a ford dealer and nobody else

They are there to save your life! So don't mess with them!