Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locked Out...! The Doors Lock But Won't Unlock... Help!?!

extranormal

Hi,

I've just gotten my first Ford Fusion.

It's a 2004 1.4 tdi and drives like a dream, but sadly I'm locked out. I'm having to climb in through the boot to open the doors from the inside.

Have I done something to cause this, like a deadlock or something or has gone wrong that needs fixing?

Any help or ideas would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks!

Hi Charles, try this:

Climb in through the boot and manually open all doors.

Close and reopen the door to make sure its not locked.

Close the door and lock via pushing the interior lock down, climb out through the boot and try the door - does it open?

If it stays closed, then try unlock the car with your remote and see if that opens the door? if it doesnt open any door, and doesnt make any noise, your looking at a fault somewhere on the key I suspect, if it does however click as if its trying to unlock, then you could be looking at sticky solanoids.

Hi Charles, try this:

Climb in through the boot and manually open all doors.

Close and reopen the door to make sure its not locked.

Close the door and lock via pushing the interior lock down, climb out through the boot and try the door - does it open?

If it stays closed, then try unlock the car with your remote and see if that opens the door? if it doesnt open any door, and doesnt make any noise, your looking at a fault somewhere on the key I suspect, if it does however click as if its trying to unlock, then you could be looking at sticky solanoids.

Thanks for the reply,

I tried this but sadly no joy. Although I don't have a remote for the central locking. Should I have one? I assumed that as I wasn't given one when I bought the car on Monday that it didn't have one. Is there a way I can find out?

I've also just heard from the chap who sold it to me. He say's that it sometimes goes funny but after a while it suddenly starts working again. I'm not sure just how likely this type of problem would be an intermittent fault, but then what I know about cars isn't huge.

ah OK, so its just the key, when you turn the key do you feel the locks pop?

When you turn it there's very little resistance and the key feels a little loose. But if you turn it left there's a tiny click but that's it and even then you have to go it harder than you'd expect.

The key does work fine on the boot and the ignition though.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sounds like a worn barrrel, as such its probably not engaging the central locking and is therefore not unlocking the car.

Your going to need to replace the barrel at a guess, you can buy them off eBay for a lot cheaper than Ford, and you could then use a Haynes manual to do the job. In comparison to other jobs, its tricky but not impossible for a 'rookie' to do, so rate your own ability and go from there.

Its also worth waching youtube for changing Ford Door Barrells. There are a few tricks and tips they can teach you, there is also somewhere a video for taking a new barrel and setting it up for your key, so you wont need to change key (certainly to my knowledge).

Does the key start the car without issue and resistance?

Thanks I thought it might be something like that. I've got a Haynes manual coming in the post so I'll take a look.

As if the keys starts the car okay? Yes it turns easy and starts fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

So sounds like it is just the barrel to be honest, you should be able to work around that and just replace the barrel having set it to the key :)

Thanks James,

I've had a look at getting a replacement on eBay... no luck yet. But I'll keep looking. Maybe there'll be one for a deferent model that'll fit?

fiesta should work, they are pretty much brother and sister after all!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club