Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire

nazsky786

Will have to check some prices. My insurance ends this month anyway. But I really want a t5. But if it economical I might have to just go with a recon 1.6.

Does that price include the gearbox, clutch, wiring? Or just engine parts? What about alternators, belts and turbo?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Everything . Transmission, turbo etc. Basically everything in the engine bay with the turbo dial on dash with the cluster as well. . Everything else on my car is already st.

Go to ford etis is the easiest way

That sounds like a cracking deal then

So would you say go for the st or 1.6?

Check insurance first, I believe you'll also have to update the v5/dvla. Cost of the engine plus labour and insurance will be alot of money one time.

£2800 completely fitted. Dvla Is free to update engine size etc. Insurance I still havnt checked.

Id go with the st for that pricr. If its engine box loom transponder ecu cluster keys driveshaft etc. But youll have to tell your insurance you got a non standard engine. Some companies wont touch you.. but phone up adrian flux

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Complete but as for the keys I will use the focom thing I have to program my keys. I get the st cluster and turbo pods. Try get the guy to put the suspension in as well.

Does st engine use same fuel pump and fuel container?

Ok got a call from the garage . Cost £160. He says engine is fine?? Even thought it failed compression but you never know. He changed everything I changed again but he also changed a fuel injector and lambda sensor. Going to collect tommorow and get back to you. But having ran all the tests myself I come to a conclusion of piston rings. Don't wanna be wasting 160 on parts that are not required. 160 for the sensor, injector, ht leads, coil pack and spark plugs.

Ok got a call from the garage . Cost £160. He says engine is fine?? Even thought it failed compression but you never know. He changed everything I changed again but he also changed a fuel injector and lambda sensor. Going to collect tommorow and get back to you. But having ran all the tests myself I come to a conclusion of piston rings. Don't wanna be wasting 160 on parts that are not required. 160 for the sensor, injector, ht leads, coil pack and spark plugs.

£160 for ALL those parts? Doesn't make sense to me

It don't make sense to me either if the car fixed I won't mind but if it isn't then I just don't know how he come to conclution to fix them parts

Only an original coil pack costs already approximately 125 pounds.

• Like 1

It don't make sense to me either if the car fixed I won't mind but if it isn't then I just don't know how he come to conclution to fix them parts

Good quality and reliable lambda sensors are over £100 quid alone, an injector? Well second hand a set is probably £40 and I wouldn't even want to know what one is new!

Go to the garage and ask then to explain what they have done and why. Inspect the car yourself and then ask why the compression was low and have they tested it again after the repairs..

Still thinking about the st engine. JW you think it's gonna be ok. I have the issue of having a ST engine but just abs dds, whereas a actual st has the extra st I'm thinking it might just be fine.

They say the engine is fine so I would expect the to do a compression test. I'll have to check. They drove it and it's a good they say. Any prob just take it back to them.

They say the engine is fine so I would expect the to do a compression test. I'll have to check. They drove it and it's a good they say. Any prob just take it back to them.

If in any doubt why not ask for a drive in it first before you hand over any money

You are a wise one. I will do that.

Got off phone to insurance company. This is funny. To change my engine etc to ST I only pay £1333.77. If I actually brought a ST - 3 I would be paying £5874.

So I pay less to just change my car to st. They said it's because if they think you look after your car then you are less risk. So what does everyone say? ST or real st. Still have not picked up car yet.

It works. It's drives smooooth feels like It's better. But he said use engine restorer from restore to help make the car perform better. Using supermarket oil and that stuff then after 1000 miles go back to Castrol oil and car should be better.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club