Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revving Up

stevena

i have a ford focus 08 tdci it can be fine one day the next it revs up notice it when in traffic stop start you put your your foot on the gas a little and it just revs up to about 2500 when it should be only 1000 revs i mean you only have to touch exelorater great car but this starting to get to me any help ideas thanks

Hi Steve,

when was the fuel filter last replaced, and have you tried cleaning the Mass Air Flow Sensor?

yes cleaned mass air flow maybe i should have anther go ? had a full serves about a year ago not been doing it for about a week then today started got home hour later went out and it had stopped thats what makes it hard to find runs a dream when not doing it not nice when its doing it and you are in traffic

Hi Steve,

Check the service paperwork and make sure they did replcae the fuel filter. on ocassion, the fuel can be restricted in the filter if its dirty, then as the pressure drops the fuel rate increases to the engine, thus giving the same effects of it revving up via the go button!

Alternatively it could suggest that you have a leak / split in a pipe, so I would poke your head under the bonnet and listen out for any hissing, whistling or out of place sucking noises. Check the likes of the turbo pipe and its hoses, though I doubt it would be here.

Alternatively it sounds like a sensor issue, so if you can get it plugged in and the error codes off, that would be the best way to start. Do you have roadside assstiance? if so if it has home start, give them a call, otherwise, drive to your local supermarket (make sure your a few miles from home or they wont come) tell them that the car was revving by itself as you were trying to leave and that it was lurching or accelerating as a result beyond your normal control. They would come out and diagnose the issue for you.

going to have a look at all the items you have said in AA so might do what you said i can not find it its just funny how it can do it then 30 mins later i go out and its stopped anyway thanks for replies

My mum had an intermittent problem and I drove it to my house called the aa out and even though the problem was not happening he plugged his machine in and found the problem. He even.told me i drove so many miles with the eml on. I was very surprised at there technology. Lol

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

i did think it was the brain on it so i had it re mapped when chap came around to remap he did plug in to see if any wrong but said ok and did the remap its just so bad when in traffic stop start ill sort it one way or the other this weekend

hopefully the AA track the problem!

Karl, this information is available to anyone with a code reader, I have it on my bluetooth OBD reader and Torque :)

Nice one. Can you just use any bluetooth code reader? What's torque?

Take a look at my signature click on "Got an error on your car?" theres more info in my writeup there! :)

Any questions, just hollar :)

Take a look at my signature click on "Got an error on your car?" theres more info in my writeup there! :)

Any questions, just hollar :)

Cheers. Will have a look tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club