Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Name: Sonic
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5
  • Year: 2009

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

James did you get a rear view cam? What model did you go for and how have you both wired in? I'm looking to get the front and rear can soon but am still on the fence over what to get. There are so many models and so many fake ones that look like certain cams if you know what I mean.

Can you give me links to the exact ones you use or recimmend. Judging by your build thread and advice on here I think I will go with the same as you as you know sound like you know your stuff lol!

Thanks mate.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 Hyrule

Hyrule

Batman

• FOC Supporters
  • 963 posts
  • Name: Ben
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 Zetec 1.6
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Mobius highly recommended if you are still looking. I've installed one recently no issues at all except a dodgy sd card.

Going to install one in the rear as well, and it is literally install and forget and is very discreet.

Records in full HD 1080p .mov (quicktime files) and takes up to 32gb. Has loads of configuration options and is smaller than the focus keyfob.

Quality on youtube is reduced but here is a sample I recently uploaded:

#33 talksy

talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8 TDCI 2009

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

How did you wire in your boot cam?

As promised - a few pics of the F70 setup
Not sure how good they are - haven't looked at them on anything other than my phone
attachicon.gif1402091251777.jpgattachicon.gif1402091271643.jpgattachicon.gif1402091287325.jpgattachicon.gif1402091298889.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

#34 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,125 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Ford Model: Focus
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

The camera plugs into the front camera - so the wire is just routed along the headlining. I managed to squeeze it through the existing cable shroud/grommet on the boot
Iid

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

#35 talksy

talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ah thanks. Sounds like maybe a Blackvue without reading all through thread. I have one but the old model which is just the front facing one.

Was thinking of getting a second rear facing standalone one which runs of ignition so it just records when driving car.

I know there is potential to add a 12v plug in boot, but I think it would be constantly on.

The camera plugs into the front camera - so the wire is just routed along the headlining. I managed to squeeze it through the existing cable shroud/grommet on the boot
Iid

#36 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,749 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

I just bought a cheap camera, claimed to be the bees knees but I didnt get the rear cam with it. I am looking to try and swap with a front and rear facing system if I can. This one will probably go back or if I get a refund without the need for it, then I will give it to the father in law for his leisure!

#37 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,125 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

The one I linked to in another thread isn't bad.

Obviously, at £37 it ain't no IMAX quality movie - but it can pick up reg plates moderately well...and the in built microphone is very good - so just shout out the plates of any eejjits you see (and remember not to sing as you drive :P)

#38 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

the in built microphone is very good - so just shout out the plates of any eejjits you see (and remember not to sing as you drive :P)

So its not just me who does this!

#39 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,125 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Usually preceded by or immediately after a torrent of abusive words that'll make a sailor blush? Yeah lol

#40 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,749 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

lol yup! thats why if I upload a movie, I remove sound first :D

#41 talksy

talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

For the price, I thought the one you linked to was a bargain, as long as it does readable index plates and audio, what more do you need?! I also shout the reg in time of panic along with other expletives :D

The one I linked to in another thread isn't bad.

Obviously, at £37 it ain't no IMAX quality movie - but it can pick up reg plates moderately well...and the in built microphone is very good - so just shout out the plates of any eejjits you see (and remember not to sing as you drive :P)

#42 SeanW

SeanW

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,125 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

I'll upload a sample video tomorrow...and try not to lose the !Removed! memory card again!!

#43 sonic113

sonic113

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Zetec

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Name: Sonic
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

thanks guys

the mobius looks good but I think id rather have a screen to see the lens view and help position the cam.

Sean looking forward to seeing your footage when uploaded. James I think like you I may wait for a dual system where the rear cam comes with the front cam instead of having 2 separate cams and having to wire into the car in 2 places. Also it may prove to be better value getting a dual cam but does anyone know of any one the market?

#44 mixmasterlooney

mixmasterlooney

The Sexecutioner

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,689 posts
  • Name: Kurt
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

Sonic, I can confirm for you positioning mounting isn't a concern for the mobius, it does true HD at very wide angle.

Separate camera mounted in the back will have a better view of number plates, I know it's more hassle and cost though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

#45 talksy

talksy

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

Not the most precise way to mount a non-lcd dash cam, but I simply lined it up to where I thought it would need to be, got a whiteboard pen and drew around the mount (being a teacher can have its perks), then held camera there whilst running short record session. Then replayed in my car on laptop and I could see if it needed moving left, right, up, down. I would just repeat process, wiping out whiteboard pen lines until I got it just right.

thanks guys

the mobius looks good but I think id rather have a screen to see the lens view and help position the cam.

Sean looking forward to seeing your footage when uploaded. James I think like you I may wait for a dual system where the rear cam comes with the front cam instead of having 2 separate cams and having to wire into the car in 2 places. Also it may prove to be better value getting a dual cam but does anyone know of any one the market?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford, focus, dashcam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users