Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blanking Off Egr Valve?

Tee-Dogg

bet that seemed like a lifetime lol

• Like 1

Haha yeah thanks guys well like I say the its booked into the garage Friday and I'll hand them the plate and hopefully they will install it. It won't cost nothing as they fitted a new egr (which probably never needed doing) and it's still activating the light, so its their problem now

• Like 1

good shout Scott!

To be honest I dont think they would quible anyway, if its a case of you demand they replace the entire EGR platform again to resolve the issue, or your happy for them to unscrew, plug and screw again the bolts, then it would be the favoured outcome I am sure.

As for those 207 seconds... They were dreadful, Honestly... I'm at lunch, desperate not to get back to the office, sun scorching, enjoying the tranquility and the warmth, and poof... its in, now I have no excuse to stand around the car anymore...

It was horrible... An experience I never want to repeat again :p

• Like 1

"As for those 207 seconds... They were dreadful, Honestly... I'm at lunch, desperate not to get back to the office, sun scorching, enjoying the tranquility and the warmth, and poof... its in, now I have no excuse to stand around the car anymore"...

It was horrible... An experience I never want to repeat again :P

more like u enjoyed them, and your offering the service around the local area..... ur like the kwick fit of blanking plates haha

haha, although I have to be honest, if someone offers kwikie services to people around the local area, promising tranquility and warmth, I am not entirely sure that the first thought to jump to someone mind is "mechanic at kwik fit"...

However, presuming I did fit the plate right (im about 98% sure I did) then I am happy to help out in the local area and sell my services for little more than a beer, pack of chips, or some grade D street pharmaceuticals .... although I should really say Class A team, in which case Ed Sheeran probably would ahve got it right for me :D

• Like 1

if someone offers kwikie services to people around the local area, promising tranquility and warmth, I am not entirely sure that the first thought to jump to someone mind is "mechanic at kwik fit"... BUT

"I am happy to help out in the local area and sell my services"

Spoken like a true gent james

james why has ur reply posted out in my account?

• Like 1

haha, a truely bored gent mate, I have had far too much time to think random over the course of today, my head really is in a weird place!

As for your last message, I am not quite sure what you mean?

• Like 1

Haha well it's booked in for Friday so I'll let you know the outcome by Friday evening or sometime over the weekend :)

• Like 1

haha, although I have to be honest, if someone offers kwikie services to people around the local area, promising tranquility and warmth, I am not entirely sure that the first thought to jump to someone mind is "mechanic at kwik fit"...

However, presuming I did fit the plate right (im about 98% sure I did) then I am happy to help out in the local area and sell my services for little more than a beer, pack of chips, or some grade D street pharmaceuticals .... although I should really say Class A team, in which case Ed Sheeran probably would ahve got it right for me :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this i never wrote......... and i quoted myself??? see post number 29
  • Like 1

I had that earlier, I had to put the quotes on manually lol.

I am keeping an eye on it and will raise it with management if it continues.

As for Scott - apologies for derailing your topic slightly, but fingers crossed you do get it resolved easily enough!

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of blanking off my EGR valve. I have also heard that the light comes on the dash. I have had a look on eBay, and it looks as though I have a Euro 3 engine type, as the EGR valve is at the front of the engine and not the back as on some types of Mondeo 130ps cars.

Can someone please tell me whether the light is likely to come on, or not.

I have posted the link to the eBay page showing the difference between the two Euro types (mine is the top picture).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121076844952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks

I am thinking of blanking off my EGR valve. I have also heard that the light comes on the dash. I have had a look on Ebay, and it looks as though I have a Euro 3 engine type, as the EGR valve is at the front of the engine and not the back as on some types of Mondeo 130ps cars.

Can someone please tell me whether the light is likely to come on, or not.

I have posted the link to the Ebay page showing the difference between the two Euro types (mine is the top picture).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121076844952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks

Hi Simon,

Ive got a euro 5 focus an( never has the EML appear, these engines get more advanced each time so since mine is more advanced and hasn't thrown up an EML i reckon your safe enough,

However should one appear you can clear it yourself using a diagnostic scanner,

I highly recommend blanking aswell as blanking using a stainless steel blanking plate not aluminium as they break through,

Here's a highly recommend supplier of Stainless steel blanking plates:

http://m.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=seller%3Atafmet+mondeo&isNewKw=1&_sop=12&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&fads=1&mfs=SBCLK&acimp=0&sqp=seller%3Atafmet+mondeo&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xseller%3Atafmet+mondeo

Hi Leonard,

I'm getting a new stainless steel pipe (from Turbo to EGR) fitted tomorrow and the EGR valve cleaned out. After that I will put a blanking plate in, the only way to go.

I have had the dreaded flashing glow plug and management light on (limp mode) recently (fault code P2263). I thought I would rather start with getting the pipe sorted first as it's broken, maybe a good starting point to my problems? I can even smell exhaust fumes in the car, which has been irritating me for a while now.

Cheers for your help.

• Like 1

Hi Leonard,

I'm getting a new stainless steel pipe (from Turbo to EGR) fitted tomorrow and the EGR valve cleaned out. After that I will put a blanking plate in, the only way to go.

I have had the dreaded flashing glow plug and management light on (limp mode) recently (fault code P2263). I thought I would rather start with getting the pipe sorted first as it's broken, maybe a good starting point to my problems? I can even smell exhaust fumes in the car, which has been irritating me for a while now.

Cheers for your help.

Wow smelling fumes inside the cabin is never good for your health mate good to be getting it sorted tomorrow,

You should see a slight increase in MPG from EGR blank/Delete

I recommend fitting a direct replacement performance induction filter, after you blank the EGR or at next service after blanking,

Why?

Because when the EGR was in operation the engine took up to 30% of its induction from the exhaust,

Now the engine takes 100% fresh clean Induction from the atmosphere, so a less constrictive induction filter helps improve things along with EGR blanking.

Image2383.jpg

Stock filter inside:

Image2382.jpg

Upgrade Filter Inside:

Image2392.jpg

A lot less restriction allowing the engine to breath more smoothly on a turbo engine also helps increase MPG see my Guide on Green Cotton Performance Induction, it has a 10% Discount code aswell:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

Blanking the EGR also prevents excessive amounts of Carbon build up in your engine oil,

It is the build up of carbon which slowly builds up around the "turbo oil feed pipe" restricting the flow of oil feeding to the turbo,

Which ultimately leads to turbo failure,

So after you have blanked/Deleted the EGR valve, i recommend using a Can of "Wynne's Engine Flush" on your next oil change,

The can costs less than 5 GBP

It breaks down the built up carbon and sludge inside the engine caused by the operations of the EGR,

I've used Wynne's engine flush many times and found it very effective, always follow instructions.

Here's a link: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/fuel-oil-additives/wynns-engine-flush-for-diesel-425ml

IMG_20140511_102028_zpsmhzskfr_edit_1399

IMG_20140511_102031_zpsq6ociip_edit_1399

IMG_20140511_101952_zpsil9btlc_edit_1399

Hi Leonard,

Cheers for your help.

No point in cleaning out the EGR valve or pipe, as nothing will flow in it anyway with the blanking plate fitted

Also, the pipe is not nessesary and does not do anything, once a solid plate is fitted, removing the pipe increases efficiency (you will need solid plates at each end, though).

The bit you need to clean out is the inlet manifold, the air the engine breathes with goes through this, the EGR valve often fills this with carbon, choking it

If you have a Euro3, you can fit a solid plate with no EML, with a Euro4 Mondeo, unfortunately the EML may come on, this can be reset with a code reader, - you can have front EGR Euro3 and Euro4, there are several configurations

• Like 1

Thanks all for you posts, I will fit the blanking plug and see how I get on.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have had my blanking plug on for a number of weeks now, and have not had the management system light come on once.

Not sure how better my fuel consumption is, as I have had the dreaded "limp mode" (turbo boost code 2263). Cleaned the turbo with expensive cleaner quirted through the MAF hole, and the actuator lever is completely lose now. It was very notchy and stiff. Anyway "Limp mode" persisted, so changed the Actuator, and all is good now. I was told all sorts of crap, like vacuum pipe issues, intercooler pipe leaks etc, but really glad I have now sorted it myself. I was fearing the worst to be honest ???

• Like 1

I have had my blanking plug on for a number of weeks now, and have not had the management system light come on once.

Not sure how better my fuel consumption is, as I have had the dreaded "limp mode" (turbo boost code 2263). Cleaned the turbo with expensive cleaner quirted through the MAF hole, and the actuator lever is completely lose now. It was very notchy and stiff. Anyway "Limp mode" persisted, so changed the Actuator, and all is good now. I was told all sorts of crap, like vacuum pipe issues, intercooler pipe leaks etc, but really glad I have now sorted it myself. I was fearing the worst to be honest ???

Waste of time/ money, that part of the turbo is called the compressor, that does not get coked up, it is the turbine/ VNT vanes that get coked up, causing the VNT vanes to stick or sieze, this can have a knock on effect on the actuator,

The vanes control boost -When the vanes stick, it may cause too little boost (laggy, loss of power) or too much boost (seems to run fine untill limp mode is triggered due to exessive boost, usually when accelerating hard or uphill etc)

Anything that claims to clean "the turbo" by squirting into the inlet is a waste of money/ time, the turbine/ VNT mech (hot/ exhaust side of "the turbo") needs to be cleaned, normally be removing the exhaust manifold and stripping the VNT down

Some motorists have then drilled a hole in the exhaust manifold and tapped a screw/ bolt into it, that can be removed to clean the VNT - oven cleaner has been found to work best (makes sense because its burnt carbon that is the problem)

Ironically someone posted a guide to do this (and use the oven cleaner) - some of our members (inc mods that should have known better) thought it was a wind up!

Im thinking of marketing a turbo cleaner - im going to call it "super-dooper snake oil turbo cleaner" you apply it by standing in front of the car (without opening the bonnet) standing on one leg turning round 3 times then squirting the can over your shoulder - wont get anywhere near the VNT mech but niether does squirting it into the inlet anyway

Im thinking of charging £50 a can, should "clean up" :lol:

I read a thread on talk Ford where Mr muscle was used and it made a difference will try dig out the link but photographs show it makes a heck of a difference

Blanked mine yesterday and the EML light came on today.

I've reset it so I'll see how long it takes to come on again. No big deal as it's easy to reset it.

As for the difference?

Not sure on fuel consumption as I'm happy with what I'm getting anyway but the difference in low end pulling power

is noticable.

Also gave it some welly up a slip road to join the motorway and no smoke whatsoever.

Well pleased for a £4 mod which took 5 minutes to do

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it can help prevent stuttering and similar as well as ceasing open. It's worth it for the small cost

• Like 1

I've just bought a 54 plate mk3 diesel mondeo, everything running fine but now the turbo don't want to kick in, instead it just judders when the turbo should be kicking in. I've been filling up with Tesco diesel, would this play a factor in this problem and would some redex clean it out and fix the problem. Please someone help, I am a newbie to diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I use millers Eco max, it helps me get more mpg. I been told it help keep the injectors clean not sure that will help you mate.

yeah supermarket fuel is cack to be polite. your best bet is to replace the fuel filter and run a few tanks of decent fuel such as Shell. the judder is most likely fuel delivery based rather than turbo

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club