Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommendations For What Type Of Cycle Carrier

Toppy

Hi all,

I have just ordered a new mountain bike & I am looking for some advice & info on what type of cycle carrier you would advise on getting.

I have had a look at this post from Steve & he has done a great job on adapting his cycle carrier to suite.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46800-rear-mount-bike-carrier-with-zetec-s/?p=283624

I have a 62 plate metal & my first thoughts were to get roof bars, but I don't like the idea of having to remove the plastic trim to fit these to the car.

What's everyone else using as a bike carrier & would you recommend your set up, especially with the spoiler that the metals / zetec s have.

Thanks

Stu

I depends if it's going to be a regular thing or not. If not then a £30 lidle job will probably do. If You want something a bit more substantial look at the Saris Bones, an alternative is the Mont Blanc range. Good quality and cheaper than thule. If your bike is worth the annual wage of a family from Dundee, get a tow ball. Bike roof racks are bad! The wind/rain eats headset and it kills fuel efficiency. Plus it can be a pain to load/unload your bike(s).

I depends if it's going to be a regular thing or not. If not then a £30 lidle job will probably do. If You want something a bit more substantial look at the Saris Bones, an alternative is the Mont Blanc range. Good quality and cheaper than Thule. If your bike is worth the annual wage of a family from Dundee, get a tow ball. Bike roof racks are bad! The wind/rain eats headset and it kills fuel efficiency. Plus it can be a pain to load/unload your bike(s).

Cheers Scott I will look the carriers that you have mentioned, I am just a bit wary about using a boot carrier on the fiesta bumper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club