Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

frankiesbadger

Mondeo Diesel Rear Doors Not Locking

6 posts in this topic

My 2001 mondeo diesel is causing me stress. The rear doors only lock if I dead lock them using the key in the driverers door. If I do a normal lock the front doors lock but not the rear. Please can anyone help me. Thanks.

Hi Chris,

so the remote locks only the front doors on one click, but if you put the key in the lock and turn then you lock all doors?

My remote has not worked in a long time. Trying to get it fixed and noticed this problem. If I put the key in the drivers door and turn left once it only locks the front doors. Is I turn key twice it dead locks all doors. Not sure why.

deadlock is the right behaviour but as for locking the front only I havent heard of that.

Do you have the child locks on the back door? if they are active, deactivate them and try again?

Took the child locks off and still not working?

OK so thats not preventing it, but when you double twist the lock the rear locks?

I wonder if its a safety feature, stops the kids being locked in the car or something? not that I have heard of it...

I suspect its more a central locking module issue?